Do You Have a Glock 43? Why Not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How so? Give us the deets!

Hard to explain without pics to compare but the Shield is a lot beefier built. It's a gun that I'd shoot just as much as it's big brothers and not worry about breaking things, just replace the recoil spring a little more often. It appears to have the same type locking blocks as the full size. I can't say that about the G43 in comparing it to it's big brothers. Field stripped the G43 looks identical to the G42. Would you really want to rechamber a G42 (.380) to 9mm and shoot 5k rounds? It appears that that is exactly what Glock has done. The G43's slide is very slightly wider and I suspect it's very slightly heavier but there's really not enough size difference to even discuss. I could be wrong about the longevity, time will tell.

Then there's the feature set. The Shield has better sights out of the box, the sights are made of steel, the trigger is light years better (at least on the one that I did a side by side with) and it holds more rounds. Cost is about $100 less than the Glock. It's a no-brainer for me.

Disclaimer: I don't own nor have I owned a G43, but I did compare the two, even field stripping them side by side. I did pick the G42 for my wife and it is a fun little gun to shoot.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I really have no problems with the 43, Shield, LC9s or the Walther PPS. I do shoot the 43 a little better but in a self defense situation any one of them would serve me well.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hard to explain without pics to compare but the Shield is a lot beefier built. It's a gun that I'd shoot just as much as it's big brothers and not worry about breaking things, just replace the recoil spring a little more often. It appears to have the same type locking blocks as the full size. I can't say that about the G43 in comparing it to it's big brothers. Field stripped the G43 looks identical to the G42. Would you really want to rechamber a G42 (.380) to 9mm and shoot 5k rounds? It appears that that is exactly what Glock has done. The G43's slide is very slightly wider and I suspect it's very slightly heavier but there's really not enough size difference to even discuss. I could be wrong about the longevity, time will tell.

Then there's the feature set. The Shield has better sights out of the box, the sights are made of steel, the trigger is light years better (at least on the one that I did a side by side with) and it holds more rounds. Cost is about $100 less than the Glock. It's a no-brainer for me.

Disclaimer: I don't own nor have I owned a G43, but I did compare the two, even field stripping them side by side. I did pick the G42 for my wife and it is a fun little gun to shoot.

But does it shoot under water?

All great points though. I'm kind of wanting to scratch that "Glock itch" wait, that sounds like a hygene issue.... Umm, I've wanted one there for a while but ended up going another route... This one finally can serve a purpose for me so that's a bit why I lean that way.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But does it shoot under water?

All great points though. I'm kind of wanting to scratch that "Glock itch" wait, that sounds like a hygene issue.... Umm, I've wanted one there for a while but ended up going another route... This one finally can serve a purpose for me so that's a bit why I lean that way.

Swap me gats for a week. Carry my 19 (I have a couple different holsters for it) and then see if you really want to go Glock.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Good for you, happy you like the Shield. I think the Glock is a superior pistol in almost all regards. I did get a lil chuckle at the part about how the 43 might be kinda flimsy compared to the Shield. Thanks for that. But hey, I'm just glad we got choices. You chose the Shield. Many, many others have chosen the Glock. And you know, there's even some who go with the Kahr or the XDS or some other gun over either the Shield (second place) or the Glock (first place).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nuclearabe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
As with all Glocks, it's a good system that is way overpriced for what comes stock. Stock sights are cheap and poor. Most owners replace the slide release and mag release. I also hate the grip angle. That said, I carry my G19C pretty much everywhere. I would never pay retail price for one.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom