Do You Have a Glock 43? Why Not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But...the XDS has nowhere near the parts, accessories, and support availability of the Glock. Plus; well, it's just not a Glock... It's an ugly cheese gratin' thing. But that's just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Been carrying a Glock 43 for several months and recently got the Errand holster by Keepers Concealment. I carry a 19 sometimes too and shoot a Glock 34 in USPSA so it works for me. Any of the small nine's are ok if you practice with them and actually carry it. Much better than a larger gun left at home. I may try a Shield when Saddlebum sells his next one for a good price. :)

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But...the XDS has nowhere near the parts, accessories, and support availability of the Glock. Plus; well, it's just not a Glock... It's an ugly cheese gratin' thing. But that's just my opinion.

Sez yoo.

7itRcBmr7EE-cozXGiBJctHYXofVQtsmj0abNd4TBVeRIXBX20Xd0dqHkpfnSlzHHwETVKSMb2zJjGyASWJSRZlrDZJPEggedQatacSeM0kJvEo2eI1GHJ9OCrE11bKVkQSATtz-DzYuh06N7I2yu12HNoxatLjCMByhFsOSLSvlXBUjQ1MoQHtUiTn1W7RoYIPfx1erU5fIXRCcSyDvR68HePp58QcM5Wg9-nLIp5-hpiVtJMBEub9ZUYPxzXePz9A4eKvVPAT1IBgCP-30a5QqhxvnVXIzv9qVKb3VCkicox0OBqSwRrk-wk7t1V1-FTbC2pNe43fcrM4L3aqg5DjRllhZurZyb5ssLAApSWjWEGjSYQAoyacaHsqgawWnjEuNgxdB-vbQdozn4Y2saMO0IqG0MbxfWDBsFmjOdq9L98cpJvM47kk9kOYlrD-cRRxSovWv_vRnWLjSHGEEO4TjHE5a6zypMU-TwFNKdA667NKpuWyIzNefRrAy6rfyfkdE8QwtzqMEVURtGCeKWvP8VF1HzoCdDk5BDP9vK9j-SrPkaiRGJvPt7cXw33K_oPyC=w1280-h858-no

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Actually, that's not true. The stock sights are head and shoulders above a glock..... the trigger... the same. It's better made, mags are of better construction and have 7,8,9 round options. In terms of customer support, Springfield wins again IMO.

Night sights are available in just about any flavor you'd want. I put some TFO TFXs on mine. Oh and PRP has a trigger kit, extended grip safety, etc if you want any accessories.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny thing is... I'm leaning that way now. The sights and the stock +1 magazine capacity over the Glock. Just makes more sense. And that FDE, doe! I'm looking for one, now.

I put ~1000 rounds through an XDs9 and a XDs45 and sold em both because I thought I'd just carry my Kahr. Missed the 9 badly so I've picked another one up. Even after recently renting the Glock and Shield to compare, the XDS just felt and pointed better to me. The Shield was a helluva little gun too. The Glock was cheap and it was like they put no effort into the ergos, sights or trigger.... again. Sure you can get it where you want it, that's why the aftermarket is so popular.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Pull trigger, goes bang, bullet impacts within an inch or 2 of where sights were lined up. All that matters. If you're into looks, you probably don't carry it or shoot much anyway, you might put a scratch on it. Glocks are ugly, I think my last malfunction was about 3000 rounds ago.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ain't it grand that we have choices? I can choose what I like, you can choose what you like, and all is good. I just like Glocks better than XDS cause they are prettier and better made. And more accurate and ... Etc.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ain't it grand that we have choices? I can choose what I like, you can choose what you like, and all is good. I just like Glocks better than XDS cause they are prettier and better made. And more accurate and ... Etc.

Cant say much for accuracy, never put one of the ugly things in my hand. But would be willing to shoot one just to see.

Latest posts

Top Bottom