Do you leave your rifles at the firing line when going downrange?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Leave my gun case open in the back of the truck and lay my rifle in it. Close it then drive to the targets.

OK, so you carry it back off the line. I had pictured some bench top arrangement involving a length of 5/16" chain, a big-butt hidden shackle padlock, and a motion alarm hooked up to a Peterbilt air horn :wink2:

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Time to change targets again.......

www.gunsandammo.com_files_2013_07_Tactical_Wheelbarrow.jpg

"Official OSA target changing Caddy.....comes in black or tactical rust"

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even if you are at the line with your gear there's no guarantee you won't get ambushed like the guy did down in Okmulgee.

I won't take my kiddos anywhere other than their Grandpa's land, 2A, USSA or Happy Hollow. The more controlled the firing line the better.

Johnson184

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even if you are at the line with your gear there's no guarantee you won't get ambushed like the guy did down in Okmulgee.

I won't take my kiddos anywhere other than their Grandpa's land, 2A, USSA or Happy Hollow. The more controlled the firing line the better.

What?? When did this happen?!

And ya, I'm speaking of USSA. New member there and love the 300 yard range. Just wondering what to do about my rifles when I need to check on targets all the way down range. Sounds like it's fine to take your rifle downrange... now I need to invest in a sling lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom