Do you like carrying big or small guns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm kind of weird in that I carry three guns when Im not working and only two when on the job. I just picked up a PX4 Storm a while back which is kinda chunky and is what I carry off the clock since I've not yet gotten a good way to carry it around. I also ankle carry my 637 snubby and pocket a tiny LCP.

I think size preferences for me depend on where it's carried. I don't mind the extra weight of the revolver in the ankle but I HATED it when I used to pocket it. I like shooting the PX4 the most which is the compact size but right now it's in a crappy holster that came with it. Gonna probably appendix carry it later.

I think I like the bigger guns ATM but I haven't ever touched a "full sized" gun before so my idea of big guns might be a little off.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I get older, ounces become pounds.

I'm still totin' my Glock 22 on duty, but I'm thinking about switching to my 1977 Colt Cobra.

Off duty, I used to pocket carry either a Glock 43, a Ruger LC9s Pro or a Smith & Wesson model 442. Not all at the same time, of course, but one of those were consistently in my right front pocket.

I don't have any of them now, but as soon as I locate either a 442 or an LC9s Pro, they will be back at home in me pocket.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a hard time drawing my Shield and getting a good grip from the start. I think it may have been that my holster kept it really low, but I traded it away to upgrade a size.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually only carry my 637 at home, but it sure does get uncomfortable when I just get back. It's in a galco glove holster so the neoprene really retains the heat from outside for a good while. I'll normally just let it air out for a while.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes.

I'm kind of weird in that I carry three guns when Im not working and only two when on the job. I just picked up a PX4 Storm a while back which is kinda chunky and is what I carry off the clock since I've not yet gotten a good way to carry it around. I also ankle carry my 637 snubby and pocket a tiny LCP.

I think size preferences for me depend on where it's carried. I don't mind the extra weight of the revolver in the ankle but I HATED it when I used to pocket it. I like shooting the PX4 the most which is the compact size but right now it's in a crappy holster that came with it. Gonna probably appendix carry it later.

I think I like the bigger guns ATM but I haven't ever touched a "full sized" gun before so my idea of big guns might be a little off.

Reallly? THREE guns? What in the world do you do that makes you want to carry three guns? Man, you must live in one rough neighborhood.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A Kimber Ultra Carry 2 in a belt holster in the winter. A Ruger LCR .357 or Kahr Arms .380 CW in my right pants pocket. A Glock 30 with five loaded mags in my car and sometimes an AR M4 in the car on trips within the state.

Kennydale

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
www.defensivecarry.com_forum_members_kennydale_albums_glock_picture122641_bigfoot_g17_b.jpg

Love my Glock G17 have a G19, just prefer to carry Full Size !

Latest posts

Top Bottom