Do you like recoil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like 3.5" shotgun turkey loads. Nobody needs that experience.

I looked up the recoil after I shot it. I was using a benelli supernova w/ comfortgrip. Can’t imagine it in a lighter shotgun.

“A .458 shooting a 510 grain bullet at 2100 fps out of a 10.5 pound double rifle generates a 53 foot-pound shove of recoil. A 3 1/ 2 inch, 2 ounce turkey load at 1300 fps in an 8 pound pump smacks you with 66 foot pounds. When a cartridge made to kill elephants before they kill you is more pleasant to shoot than a shotshell for 20 pound birds, something is wrong.“
https://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/ammunition/2009/03/bourjaily-i-hate-3-12-inch-turkey-load/

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
WHAT?!?!?!?! You're supposed to quit after rotator cuff surgery?!?!?!? Nobody told me that! I'm still hammering down!

I don't have a rotator cuff on the right side anymore. Pretty much just duct tape and bailing wire and a few pins in there now.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the barret is a bullpup design so at least it feels like it doesn't recoil much, but the numbers are higher than that rifle. He needs to get behind it and set it on some sand bags, and maybe have a buddy hold it down. A friend has a 458 lott that he said just sucks to shoot, but it will stop an elephant :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom