Do you open carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I OC on my (or my family's) property, but not when I'm out and about. I just don't want the attention, period. If you choose to do so, more power to you.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I OC working on my property, but CC out and about town.

The only time I OC'd in town was after shopping at Sam's. It was chilly, so I wore a jacket. While shopping, the sun came out and got everything all toasty. I took my jacket off while loading the stuff into the car. Several people walked buy, but nobody said anything. I think most people don't care or even notice. I don't expect comments from people though, since it's really none of their business. If I see someone carrying, I don't say anything.

TPower

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do both. mostly CC but have OC when its warm. have had no problems. and I believe all the reasons people give for not open carry are myths. besides sometimes I wonder why we carry a gun like criminals do? hidden? are we ashamed of our showing our rights? and I carry a G19

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I carry, I carry open and have since Nov 1, 2012....unless I'm at work, have to CC there as OC is not allowed. Have had several positive comments and conversations. The only "negative" experience was when I had an Edmond officer license check me just because I was OC. That wouldn't have been so bad except he license checked me right after he told me he wasn't going to....then got on his radio and told dispatch to disregard as if he had told them to prepare the swat team or something.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I open carry unless my winter coat conceals it partially or entirely. Had some positive comments and questions by those that didn't realize it was legal. Had one jackass ask me (out loud for all to hear in a check out line) "sir, what is the policy regarding carrying a pistol while buying beer"? I said, there is no policy, its state law, not policy and I am not drinking the beer, I'm buying it.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sometimes OC on or around my property or in the local neighborhood (usually the late night dog walk, etc.). In town I CC almost exclusively though I am glad OK law is such that I can't inadvertently commit a crime by exposing my gun while picking something up and so forth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom