Do you prefer 3,4 or 5 mags for your pistols?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always said that I'd rather have too many than not enough.

However, if you feel like you need 8 or 10 mags, holding 15 rounds or so, you need to change two things in your life...
1. Stay away from places you shouldn't be.
2. Get more training and more practice.

If you can't get yourself out of a situation with 15-30 rounds, what makes you think another 20-30 is gonna help?

I fired exactly one round in the line of duty and that’s all that was needed. I still had five rounds left. As for magazines I simply view my excess as money in the bank....

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For my Ruger 10/22 I have one magazine, but it holds 110 rounds. :)
I really need to get 1 of those for the 10/22. I have 6-10 of the 25's, 4-5 of the 15's, and probably 50+ of the 10 round mags. The 10 rounds are red for hypers, black for standard, and clear for subsonic.

For rifles I like to have 4-5 for each. For the AR I like to have about 10-20.

For pistols I like 5-10 each.

For tube fed we keep 10-20 speed loader tubes for each caliber.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me, ideal is however many vehicles you own plus 3.

One in each vehicle = 2
One in the pistol = 1
Two to carry = 2

So, for me, 5 is the ideal number to have. I also rotate out the ammo that stays in the vehicle --- especially in the summer.

:anyone:

this is about how I think, one in the weapon, one in the vehicle, one on my person, 2 in reserve. I’ve got about 200 moon clips though.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For my pistols that i carry i have at least 10 for each one. I do my best to keep my training mags separate from my carry mags. I do this because when i take a training class the mags are dropping onto the dirt and getting dirt kicked onto the and possibly stepped on, etc. When i do any shooting at the range or training I have enough mag holders for 3 on my hip and one in the gun. Similar for my ARs. When i carry concealed i have one mag on my belt horizontal and one loaded in the grp. When i carry my pistol in my EDC back pack my pistol is in a Clamshell type soft sided pistol case and have 6 total loaded mag in the elastic straps in the padded case. I then also have a 50 round box of ammo in another zippered pack pocket.

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like to have at least 5 magazines per gun. 2 in use, 2 in storage, 1 in fireproof safe.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom