Does anyone carry with FMJ bullets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What type of ammo do you use in you CCW?

• FMJ

Votes: 47 11.6%
  • JHP

Votes: 358 88.4%

• Total voters

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FMJ is about all I can find right now at somewhat of a descent price. :(

Do you shoot JHP that often? I just ran enough through my pistol to make sure it fed reliably, and now I just try to shoot it up and replace it every few months because I'm paranoid about bullets getting set back in the case from repeated chambering after taking the pistol to the range.

Where's a good place in Tulsa to go for defensive ammo (or where WAS a good place, before Obamarama)? Academy only ever had Federal Hydrashoks (what I have now), but I'm looking for a more modern, better-performing projectile like Speer Gold Dots.

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
steel core penetrators with copper jackets for me. don't judge, they might be wearing body armor.:boxing3:

J/K...gold dot 9mm 115 gr JHP

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stop perpetuating this myth. The switch to jacketed bullets happened when armies switched from black powder to smokeless powder; the hotter powder and higher velocities made lead bullets foul the barrel too much, hence the metal jacket. Hollow point bullets were banned by the Hague Convention because armies noticed the inferior terminal performance of FMJ and the various tricks that they tried to make them more effective (dum-dum bullets, etc) caused some moral panic. Notice how many military bullets are designed to yaw on impact to get around this prohibition.

thank you for curbing this myth.

308shooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Go to bass pro get.xd45 I think it's called hollow points 230g it's in a red box. I shot a guy breaking into my house with it once blew the back of his head out and his little partner gave up and laid on the floor and begged for his life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom