Does anyone else on the board not like 1911's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know its probably blasphemy to most on here and hope I dont get banned for saying it... but I do not enjoy shooting 1911's at all. I have fired everything from Taurus to SA to Kimber and I think they all feel clunky and uncomfortable(even though the last Kimber I handled was the tightest assembled gun I have ever held) and if I am out with a buddy who has one and he asks if I want to shoot it i'll say no because I honestly have no desire to shoot one.

Just kinda curious if anyone else feels the same or similar on the topic?

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a big difference in a production gun like those you mention above and a custom to semi-custom pistol.

But, they're all spec'ed, so aside from a few modern creature comforts, they will all feel the same in your hand.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i've owned a few mainly for the classic look. they are one of the best looking all around guns ever. buuuut... i can't hit the broad side of a barn with one. don't know if its the ergonomics,lack of good sights,etc.

that being said, i am without one for the moment but will always be on the lookout for another one. i may try a little better quality next time,maybe an STI spartan.

GoArmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OMG! 1911-A1 was my first pistol I ever got to carry all the time. Dude - your like talking sh*#t about my first love. Not cool. Just kidding about the not cool. <grin>

A stock 1911 can be clunky compared to other pistols in the world. But it's still the grand-daddy of the semi-autos. IMO :)

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you prefer to shoot then?

I'm curious what guns you've handled that you though felt good in your hand? And why?

Well the ones I will never sell because the feel the best to me are Sig P229 Sport, S&W Chiefs Special Auto, and another G23 when I get some money saved up(Gen 4). I guess it may have something to do with the fact that the ones I like have somewhat formed grips and two of the three have Hogue grips from the factory, they also seem better balanced to me, once again could be the better grips...

Latest posts

Top Bottom