Does anyone else on the board not like 1911's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree here as well, but reliability claims from either side is conjecture is it not?

Absolutely. But, again.. how many people jump into 1911 threads opposed to others? If a guy posts that his G19 is great and wonderful, you won't see me ranting about how good my Wilson KZ-9 is over a glock. It's just funny to me I guess.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Absolutely. But, again.. how many people jump into 1911 threads opposed to others? Opposed to others? If a guy posts that his G19 is great and wonderful, you won't see me ranting about how good my Wilson KZ-9 is over a glock. It's just funny to me I guess.

I thought you were helping me start a new trend.... it's "grock".

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I ,frankly,don't care what anyboby has to say one way or the other.The OP was "does anyone else on the board not like 1911's?"I don't and my basic dislike is based on 40 years of shooting and my personal experience,not the internet or "I know somebody who......".I don't care for them,wouldn't recommend one to someone,I won't carry one and that's it.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ,frankly,don't care what anyboby has to say one way or the other.The OP was "does anyone else on the board not like 1911's?"I don't and my basic dislike is based on 40 years of shooting and my personal experience,not the internet or "I know somebody who......".I don't care for them,wouldn't recommend one to someone,I won't carry one and that's it.

Awwwww cmon.... you know you want to. :D
anortheastshooters.com_images_1911jesus.jpg

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Snap on doesnt have a 500% pricepoint difference versus kobalt or craftsman...

Combat reliability, and life expectancy are meaningless unless you know for sure. Until the thing dies or perma fails, you only have a subjective guess as to how much longer it will live than another gun or how much more combat reliable it is...

So.....?

We can't really be certain about anything can we but who are we say how a guy chooses to spend his money.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Absolutely. But, again.. how many people jump into 1911 threads opposed to others? If a guy posts that his G19 is great and wonderful, you won't see me ranting about how good my Wilson KZ-9 is over a glock. It's just funny to me I guess.

Well theres a difference in discussing it out of curiosity, like we are doing, and those who are just jealous. ;)

We can't really be certain about anything can we but whose to say how a guy chooses to spend his money.

Read up.

a2.bp.blogspot.com__eEIokC5wLa4_SqbTNQ6Q_2I_AAAAAAAAAh0_qVLikHQs4dQ_s320_joevsvolcano.jpg

Im not arguing that with you.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know this is obviously an emotional issue for allot of folks. I'll simply say that I had two Ruger Vaquero's that I purchased new and put aprox. 10,000 rounds through before they broke on consecutive weeks.
Needless to say, they were 100% reliable until they broke.

This is absolutely correct. Things are certain only if they are in the past and then analyzed. Statistics are great tools to guess or speculate about future events, but they are never exact.

This is an extreme example, but a Jennings that had 1 FTE in its first magazine has experienced just as many failures as a Kimber (Or Glock for that matter) that had its first FTE on its 15,000th round.

Y'all may find The Black Swan interesting if you want to read more about this kind of thing :)

The example he uses is that a turkey sees a 100% success rate in his 1,000 days of life living on a farm... until Thanksgiving. Then the previous 1,000 days are moot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom