Does anyone else on the board not like 1911's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Didya ever try Smith & Wesson?

I love mine!

Yes ,I had a 1911PD and it broke the slide stop in 2 pieces in the middle of a string.Eric told me he's seen it before and S&W would replace it.I replaced it with a Wilson stop but the gun had let me down so I sold it.Too bad because it was my favorite 1911.It was light and accurate.I could forgive a failure to feed or failure to eject but a catastrophic failure that takes you out of the fight I won't.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes ,I had a 1911PD and it broke the slide stop in 2 pieces in the middle of a string.Eric told me he's seen it before and S&W would replace it.I replaced it with a Wilson stop but the gun had let me down so I sold it.Too bad because it was my favorite 1911.It was light and accurate.I could forgive a failure to feed or failure to eject but a catastrophic failure that takes you out of the fight I won't.
That ain't cool. Would have been interested in inspecting that one... my first inclination would be a bad SS... and or a poorly fit barrel or hood causing it to twist and torque I would guess... interesting though... don't see many SS failures (at least not that I'm aware of).
Unless you caught them between one of their 4 external extractor re-designs. :D
True.
Lets make fun of Sigs. :thumb:
Aww... that ain't that bad... just heavy as a boat anchor.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The 1911PD Safety and Slide Stop were the two weakest parts of the original pistol. They were sub-contracted parts. Smith claims to have corrected the issue. I still don't care for any of the external extractor models .... excpt for the old LLama's ... ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom