Does anyone own a newer Tacoma TDR with crawl control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a 2017 Tacoma TRD with crawl control and was wondering if it's normal for the truck to surge about 100-200 rpm while in reverse with your foot slightly on the break? Keep in mind the truck is not in 4-wheel drive or in crawl control.

One other point of aggravation is, no matter the setting on the heater control there is always a slight breeze blowing out the dash vents, even when its off. I don't know if this is standard on Tacomas or maybe an issue with the blend door.

Thoughts?

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive got a 2018 OR TRD and can’t get it to surge in reverse, stays a cats hair above 500 rpm. I am not noticing any breeze by the dash vents either.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, when I take it in for the first free oil change I'm going to have them check everything out. Mine idles at around 1000rpm out of gear till it fully and I mean fully warms up.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I started it this morning it stayed at 1000 rpm but went back down after it warmed a bit, still couldn’t get it to surge on reverse.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My fathers in law’s surged when I pulled it out of my shop one morning. My 2012 never did that, but it was the 6 speed. It surprised me and I hit the brakes because I thought it was going to take off and my shop exit is close to a retaining wall. His is a 2017 SR5 2x4. I don’t know what caused it. I thought it was because the motor was cold. I haven’t drove it since then.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The surging problem is all over the Toyoya Tacoma forum but naturally Bob Howard Toyota service center has never heard of it. Sounds to me like Toyota service is protecting Toyota corporate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom