Don't want to lose my range...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was told by a friend that if you have a puppy the best way to train it for shooting is to put it's bed under the TV and put on the loudest war movie you can find, turn the volume up and leave the dog with it. Not sure how often you'd need to do that, maybe for a couple weeks? Of course you'd probably have to put ear plugs in to sleep.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was told by a friend that if you have a puppy the best way to train it for shooting is to put it's bed under the TV and put on the loudest war movie you can find, turn the volume up and leave the dog with it. Not sure how often you'd need to do that, maybe for a couple weeks? Of course you'd probably have to put ear plugs in to sleep.
That's not good for a dog. It needs that when it's a pup in a more natural environment. Chaining your dog to a tv that's on loud with explosions could cow the dog.
Let's just get back to fixing the noise and not the dog.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Things like this are why I hate people.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's just get back to fixing the noise and not the dog.

This. Quit wasting time trying to modify someone else's dog on THEIR land. Heck, any dog for that matter if it's merely for your own desire to shoot outside your back door. Either come up with a noise abatement plan acceptable to both the landowner and her dog, or else go find another place to shoot. This isn't about convenience, it's about doing the right thing when using someone else's land.

Latest posts

Top Bottom