Don't want to lose my range...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the idea of the spare tires making a tube with the sidewalls being "baffles". I think that's a pretty neat idea. I think it could make a pretty big difference. You could also build a small hut around it and line the interior with several inches of foam, which would make it more palatable for you inside, as well as reducing more noise outside. Just think, in adverse weather, you would have an enclosed area with a roof over your head, you could have a small portable heater in there... might get a bit stuffy in summer, but depending on where it is located in relation to your own dwelling, you might be able to run a cord out to it and put a fan in there, at least.

Some cool ideas in this thread.

99% of the dog stuff in this thread has been tongue in cheek, people, jeez. Relax yourselves.

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the idea of the spare tires making a tube with the sidewalls being "baffles". I think that's a pretty neat idea. I think it could make a pretty big difference. You could also build a small hut around it and line the interior with several inches of foam, which would make it more palatable for you inside, as well as reducing more noise outside. Just think, in adverse weather, you would have an enclosed area with a roof over your head, you could have a small portable heater in there... might get a bit stuffy in summer, but depending on where it is located in relation to your own dwelling, you might be able to run a cord out to it and put a fan in there, at least.

Some cool ideas in this thread.

99% of the dog stuff in this thread has been tongue in cheek, people, jeez. Relax yourselves.
Like chaining the dog to the TV and turning up a war movie loud?

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once a week? I'm a gun person and I don't want anyone shooting off the corner of my house every Saturday morning. You have 'worn out your welcome' and taken advantage of the situation to the point you've become a nuisance.

I could care less if my best friend comes over and borrows my tools but if he starts using them every week I'm going to tell him to go buy his own.

On the other hand, if it was my dad's wife, I'd buy your ammo and tell you to go shoot every day!

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another idea...instead of "inconveniencing" her...give her a gift card for lunch or an outing or something while you're there...that way she's not having to find something to do and it doesnt cost her anything. Maybe she's like a "free" outing and you still get a private range?

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Egg zactly

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Settle down folks....I said I was told by a friend, he said his buddy has hunting dogs that he used the method on. Heck, my mom sleeps with her TV so loud with war movies, or all movies, that I'm sure that's why her indoor dogs are unaffected when I shoot near her house. It's her outdoor dog that freaks out. From the reply's you'd think he was doing some electrocution torture or something......

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another idea...instead of "inconveniencing" her...give her a gift card for lunch or an outing or something while you're there...that way she's not having to find something to do and it doesnt cost her anything. Maybe she's like a "free" outing and you still get a private range?
Two weeks ago I did just that, I bought her a gift card to a salon, where her son said she liked to go, and also bought her a thank you card letting her know how much I appreciate her allowing me to do it.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Once a week? I'm a gun person and I don't want anyone shooting off the corner of my house every Saturday morning. You have 'worn out your welcome' and taken advantage of the situation to the point you've become a nuisance.

I could care less if my best friend comes over and borrows my tools but if he starts using them every week I'm going to tell him to go buy his own.

On the other hand, if it was my dad's wife, I'd buy your ammo and tell you to go shoot every day!
I've never shot in the morning and told her I wouldn't, but I get your point. I'm also about 70 yards from the corner of the house so it's not like I'm right up against it. That's why I thought the blue barrel trick might work well. We'll see. I can't say that I feel I've "taken advantage of the situation", but more like I've taken advantage of the opportunity, and have thanked her every time I've spoken with her. Like I said, I've gone out there 5 years, and yes, now that I live out there I shoot more. I will continue to work to either make her and the dog happy, or stop shooting there.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like chaining the dog to the TV and turning up a war movie loud?
If you take the time to reread the post you'll see that I said, he put the dog bed under the TV.....not sure how that was construed into "chaining the dog to the TV" but.....

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny how these post veer wildly off track at times......I think a conclusion has been finalized.....try the blue barrel and pursue suppressor at the same time....if the barrel method is not acceptable no more shooting until the suppressor is on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom