Double Tap Training....?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps I missed something,,,
Where does it say that a double-tap isn't two aimed shots?

Is this a clip vs. magazine thing?,,,
Or is there a specific definition I'm not aware of.

Aarond

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No it pretty much is. A "Double Tap" is poor trigger control .

Nope. A double tap is one shot followed by a quick second shot. Doesn't mean it wasn't aimed. Not sure why you would say a double tap isn't aimed. Ever heard of flash sighting?

Perhaps I missed something,,,
Where does it say that a double-tap isn't two aimed shots?

Is this a clip vs. magazine thing?,,,
Or is there a specific definition I'm not aware of.

Aarond

I think people are playing semantic as well. I'm with you on this one.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope. A double tap is one shot followed by a quick second shot. Doesn't mean it wasn't aimed. Not sure why you would say a double tap isn't aimed. Ever heard of flash sighting?

I think people are playing semantic as well. I'm with you on this one.

Ditto. No need to argue.

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
guy in the vid is pretty good, I'm sure that's not a stock glock trigger :)

when I say point and shoot I guess I'm aiming a bit but not much at all just enough to acquire the sights for a fraction of time, course I'm a novice in a sense as I've never shot competitively or had any formal training...

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't mean it wasn't aimed. Not sure why you would say a double tap isn't aimed.

I'm saying that most people who "double tap" ie most of the people I see at ranges, are doing so from poor trigger control. I get it it. I use to do the same **** and think it was cool and I was fast. Then I started seeking formal training and learned proper trigger control and I no longer shoot "double taps" and I'm a lot quicker now between shots than I was when I was shooting "double taps". So I guess the term " double tap" means something different to me than it does to you.

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm saying that most people who "double tap" ie most of the people I see at ranges, are doing so from poor trigger control. I get it it. I use to do the same **** and think it was cool and I was fast. Then I started seeking formal training and learned proper trigger control and I no longer shoot "double taps" and I'm a lot quicker now between shots than I was when I was shooting "double taps". So I guess the term " double tap" means something different to me than it does to you.

Agreed. "Double taps" technically(I guess) are two quickly aimed shots back to back. IMHO poor trigger control would result in a "double burst" not a "double tap". But we're still playing semantics and I think we both feel the same and agree on mechanics even though we may use different terminology.

Latest posts

Top Bottom