Double Tap Training....?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LastDaze, do yourself a favor and get some professional training. Take a class or 2 from TDSA, USSA, protective shooting solutions or from Predator here. There is a difference between a double tap and controlled pairs. Double taps are bad, controlled pairs are good, don't get in the habit of only firing 2 rounds and the most prevalent philosophy of dealing wing multiple aggressors is 'everyone gets some before anyone gets seconds'.

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yeah I'd like to get some professional training that's for sure, just like anything else you can develop bad habits that are hard to break....

thanks for the advice I'll have to look them up..

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

pow pow -whered my sight go? oh yeah- pow pow -whered my sight go? oh yeah- pow pow -whered my sight go? oh yeah- pow pow -whered my sight go? oh yeah- pow pow -whered my sight go? oh yeah- pow pow -whered my sight go? oh yeah-

now which way is faster (and more precise?) counting by twos, or the former?

Whoo!

White boy rhythm

Slow or pause the guy in the video, he has a different grip, his off hand index finger actually touches the pistol frame. Never have seen that. But come to think of it, have never seen or watched a left hand shooter either. I tried griping my pistol and letting my off hand index finger go between my shooting index and touch the gun and it was really awkward and felt weird to me, He is quick.

Yeah he's fast, and accurate so are all his instructors

Crush grip, thumbs forward indexing the target

Here's a fun TDSA video.

Start watching at 9:25 or so for content germane to this discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
by mistake I went to TDSA (Texas) and must say WOW !!!

It sure would be nice to have a shooting range like that closer to home..

looks like I'm going to take my double tap skills and take some classes at TDSA :)

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whoo!

White boy rhythm

Yeah he's fast, and accurate so are all his instructors

Crush grip, thumbs forward indexing the target

Here's a fun TDSA video.

Start watching at 9:25 or so for content germane to this discussion.

Never seen the grip used. We train on indexing and thumbs. Just never seen the off hadn finger tips touching in between the strong hand fingers. My fingers are to big to achieve that, especially with a mag well installed. Nice shooting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom