Double Tap Training....?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my apologies for being gruff. quiet internet is ignored internet, imo.

Eh, all good. It's the interwebs and this is OSA. You can't let small things get to you.

I wasn't trying to say that hydro shock is the god of all shooting. I agree it falls behind shot placement and blood loss. My point was that the point of controlled pairs is to increase the chance f hydro shock, not that it should be relied on. For example a double tap fired into center mass and the leg isn't going to help you any. But a controlled pair fired into center mass only back to back within a couple of inches of each other will.

Reading back it sounded like I was preaching for hydro shock which wasn't my intention.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
cool!
I was just picking on you about the hydrostatic thing; its the reliance on the doubletap that Im really arguing about . its not hard at all to shoot 2 shots within .020-.015 of a second and get one good center mass hit and the second a complete miss. Ive been there, Ive done that, Ive seen it done. Think about the "dynamic-ness" of a gunfight, struggle, whatever you want to call it; do you want to get one good hit, and two recoil cycles to get you really far off the target? its complicating things, making and instilling bad gunfight dogma.
let your aiming device whether its reflexive-type point shooting or sight based shooting, we are still aiming the gun.
Let your aiming device be your guide and the determinator of whether the shots get shot and when. It promotes better trigger control and is less prone to trigger freeze, letting out of the trigger to get reset, etc.

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
cool!
I was just picking on you about the hydrostatic thing; its the reliance on the doubletap that Im really arguing about . its not hard at all to shoot 2 shots within .020-.015 of a second and get one good center mass hit and the second a complete miss. Ive been there, Ive done that, Ive seen it done. Think about the "dynamic-ness" of a gunfight, struggle, whatever you want to call it; do you want to get one good hit, and two recoil cycles to get you really far off the target? its complicating things, making and instilling bad gunfight dogma.
let your aiming device whether its reflexive-type point shooting or sight based shooting, we are still aiming the gun.
Let your aiming device be your guide and the determinator of whether the shots get shot and when. It promotes better trigger control and is less prone to trigger freeze, letting out of the trigger to get reset, etc.

100% agree. I've seen people freeze up waiting for a perfect sight picture. IMHO flash sight and let it rip(not to be taken as randomly fire and hope you hit your target) a double tap to me is a controlled pair or two aimed shots. Don't just fire and hope that because you're pointed in the same direction tht you'll hit your target again. We're responsible for every shot we fire and should make sure they all hit. I don't think you should rely on a double tap but it's a good point to train, it's not the holy grail but it does better your chances when done CORRECTLY.

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
anyone go to USSA?? I didn't know this was local and thought it was only for matches...!! But it appears to be an indoor/outdoor range??

I'm still new to Tulsa even after being here for 6yrs...:)

Thinking I need to check them out ...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
anyone go to USSA?? I didn't know this was local and thought it was only for matches...!! But it appears to be an indoor/outdoor range??

I'm not aware of an indoor facility at that range, but I've only been to the outside ranges. Its a world class facility that does have matches open to the public without a membership. There is a match there on Sunday I believe.

They do have memberships if one is a casual shooter and want to use the ranges.

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I used L&L Machine Guns as my FFl to transfer my ATI shotgun. I'm picking it up tomorrow. They do the machine gun rental shoots twice(?) a month at USSA. I plan to ask about the range tomorrow. According to PSA L&L's FFL is listed as "USSA, LLC" soooo I'm assuming they'll have a good amount of info

Latest posts

Top Bottom