DPMS AR-15 @ Wal-mart for $587?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, it's not a special version, just a DPMS Sportical. Nothing wrong with them, just know what you're getting.

5.56 chamber (no M4 feed-ramps). 1:9 6-groove button-rifled twist (non chrome-lined) light-weight barrel made from 4140 chrome-moly steel. Skinny barrel (OD of 0.642")

No dust-cover or forward-assist (I'm not a fan of any upper lacking this, but 99% of folks shooting an AR now days don't have any use for one).

Semi-Auto Bolt with none of the extra goodies (haven't seen any DPMS gas-keys lately, but they used to do a crappy job of staking them).

Special Glacier-Guard handguards, special gas-block with rail (I've had problems with that same gas-block coming loose - it's not a great design), Special Pardus stock (whatever that is).

For the price, I'd get a Del Ton or DSA personally, or step it way up and get a Palmetto State Armory rifle-kit (and one of PSA's lowers) with quite a few more upgrades.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, for about $70 more, you could put together a PSA rifle that would be all mil-spec. They are quite the bargain right now IMO. You'd have to put the lower together yourself to get it that cheap, but if you can put pins through holes and turn a wrench, you can put together a lower (and save yourself a lot of money).

Plus then you would have some different options on the barrel and gas system, in case you want something other than the ubiquitous "M-4gery" setup of a 16" barrel with carbine length gas system. I (and lots of others) prefer either a 16" with mid-length gas, or a 14.5/14.7" with carbine-length gas. Well my real favorite is a 20" barrel with rifle-length gas, but you asked about a carbine. :)

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I was always opposed to an upper w/o a dust cover..................................until I realized, there's not one semi-auto shotgun out there that has one.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last time I got caught in a dust storm and then decided to go shooting before cleaning my gun, my bolt needed a dunk in 10W30 to proceed with 10 jackass mag dumps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom