DPMS LR-308 Oracle first impressions\range report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a buddy selling his .308 sportical and I've never seen it have issues in multiple range trips. Strange there are several guys here all having issues with a "higher end" model.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Oracle isn't that much higher end. It has the same barrel, bolt carrier group, and gas block. The only difference is that it has a lower flat top rail, a forward assist, and an ejection port cover.

If messing with the gas doesn't fix mine, I guess I will try a different buffer.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hensch, I was able to fix my cycling issues with adjusting the gas block. However I just knew that Murphy would get involved during the most important shot of my life and the cheesy gas adjustment screw would come loose and start creating issues. If you have a block like the Syrac with the locking detente you should be ok.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to pick up a DPMS classic from another member. I've now put 280 rounds through it without so much as a hiccup. It needed a little sighting in love, but I can get 1MOA groups easily on a still day at 800 yards. we spent an entire day blowing up bottles at that range. Even my 14 year old could do it a few times.

It does take tailored reloads to get under 3MOA at that range, but the first several hundred rounds were American Eagle and cycled just fine.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hensch, I was able to fix my cycling issues with adjusting the gas block. However I just knew that Murphy would get involved during the most important shot of my life and the cheesy gas adjustment screw would come loose and start creating issues. If you have a block like the Syrac with the locking detente you should be ok.
Nope, no detents on mine... I have a JP. I also wonder how easy it is to come loose. I figure once I get it set where I want I will shoot it a bunch and the carbon buildup will lock it in place... we'll see I guess.

Latest posts

Top Bottom