dpms panther lite 16

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
o got ya. i was thinkin of the bare bones model. thats the same model i have except mine has the flat top upper. like i said its been a great rifle to me thus far and also it seems to like the 62gr loads best, been thinkin about tryin some heavier stuff just to see but im confident enough to hog hunt with 55gr hornady vmax loads . just have to place a good shot on whatever your huntin.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it would probably be alright for that i woul prefer something in the 75 gr size mainly bacause that extra weight will help expand the round on impact and would help bring down that size animal. but its all about shot placement and using what your comfortable with. i try to hit the range as often as possible to try different ammunition and get more familiar with how ny rifle shoots and so on. there's no substitute for ytigger time.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
well, my plan just went to crap. my plan was to get an ar chambered for 223 with an osprey rangefinding scope that is calibrated for a a 55gr round. but after thinking about it and researching it, a 55gr round would need a perfect situation to take down a deer. now, i dont know what to do. maybe a 55gr ballistic tip?

No "rangefinder" is going to be accurate enough to rely on.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
also the comment about it being the low end i dont believe is true, Reason being they use all the same main components as all the other models. such as bcg, lower parts like the trigger and hammer, buffer and evrything else.

To quote my buddy liliysdad.... You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:rolleyes2sorry i suppose i will add nothing else to this forum since im misinformed......

and my comment directly related to dpms products.i wasnt trying to say they used the same parts as colt or rra or lwrc or lmt or whoever else. but either way your probably right since you obviously know more about ar's than i do. all i try to do is educate myself and try to lend help to others on topics i have had some experience with.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
also the comment about it being the low end i dont believe is true

I am not judging, look at their own price list to confirm. It is one of their cheapest ARs. Don't get all in a twist over it, just stating the fact posted on their own price list.

Reason being they use all the same main components as all the other models. such as bcg, lower parts like the trigger and hammer, buffer and evrything else.

Having the necessary parts to make a gun work, does not mean they are the same quality. Having a barrel, is not the same as having one with a tighter twist to stabilize heavier rounds like he would need for deer hunting, such as 69 or 75 gr round, or having a chrome lined barrel. No one on the thread said it was crap, he asked for some facts about a particular rifle, and some suggestions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom