dpms panther lite 16

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:rolleyes2sorry i suppose i will add nothing else to this forum since im misinformed......

and my comment directly related to dpms products.i wasnt trying to say they used the same parts as colt or rra or lwrc or lmt or whoever else. but either way your probably right since you obviously know more about ar's than i do. all i try to do is educate myself and try to lend help to others on topics i have had some experience with.

You didn't state you were only talking about the DPMS product line. You have been a "just as good as" guy in the past so how was I suppose to know. I never recommend Colt or RRA either.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
agreed, but im a horrible range guesstimator and the rangefinder would really help. what would you suggest? i want a scope that has a yardage selector and range finder.

If you are hunting deer with a .223 and it's so far away you will need to range it in order to know your holdover then in my opinion you shouldn't be shooting it with a .223. I don't know of any reliable scope that has a rangefinder built in. I do it the old fashion way with mil-dots...

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If youre talking about shooting hogs and deer with a 16" barrel, with vmax 55gr bullets, you really should reconsider. Buy a cheap savage bolt gun with a cheap 3-9 scope, shoot deer with it, and then get a cheap ar like the dpms lite, and plink with it.

I am trying not to sound preachy and uppity, but I consider hunting to be necessarily ethical, and unless you can shoot em in the eye or dead in the heart 10 times out of ten, with this setup and "osprey" scope, you shouldnt use one for hunting. in my opinion.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you are hunting deer with a .223 and it's so far away you will need to range it in order to know your holdover then in my opinion you shouldn't be shooting it with a .223. I don't know of any reliable scope that has a rangefinder built in. I do it the old fashion way with mil-dots...

thats just it; the OP has no idea of the ballistics of a 223.
or how quickly it loses energy when the bullet actually does begin to drop.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just want to clarify something also to the OP...

If you want a DPMS and understand the components and quality of materials it comes with then buy one. What myself and a few others on here try and do is educate people that all AR's are not created equal.

You could have asked if anyone has a hi-point and you will get people that say they have one and love it. That shouldn't mean you should go buy one.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
guys i know exactly what your talking about yes the .223 isnt the best hunting round for anything over varmints and what not. and i do have a savage 110 .270 bolt gun just havent gotten to shoot it yet and such. Either way thats irrelevant.

Back on topic yes DPMS may not be the highest quality or use MPI inspected bolt carriers that are chromed and have the other features that make other companies like rra, lmt, and colt for that matter the quality guns they are. But for the money and getting into AR's on a budget its the way to go for me. You can always get a different upper with high quality parts and such and even swap out the trigger and everything else later on if you feel inclined. Either way i like mine alot and look forward to upgrading it in the future.

And josh i am a very open minded person and as long as the argument on hand has good information on both sides i dont care. Like i said i just want to educate myself so i can lend better advice to others and for my own well being. i dont always try to be the "thats as good as this other" kind of person. take what i say as a grain of salt because thats all it is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom