Draw hunt results already?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I received word that my group was drawn for the 11/6 - 11/8 weekend at McAlester AAP. Really excited to head back down there and hunt with my son and nephew. Then a few days later we got word that we were drawn for black bear tags in Colorado for September. That will be a group of four (Son, SIL, and church friend). Really pumped. Headed out to Colorado this weekend to scout for new trails to find the right food source plants that will hopefully be supplying the bears with groceries in September.
Lucky! Hopefully you didn't use it all up. Good luck on your hunts!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Seems like everytime I got drawn there temps were in the 80's and 90's the day after a 4" rain flooded everything. I quit applying.

I was there once, second weekend I think, it was hot and miserable. Everyone was just happy if they saw a deer. Most people left Saturday evening and think there were less than ten deer killed all weekend.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend on my sons got drawn for Salt Plains “wilderness” area and won’t be going, because his wife’s due to have their first child the same week. My son told him he would probably have more kids but may never get drawn for that hunt again.
He may have a point, but is anyone surprised my son doesn’t have a girlfriend or even any prospects?!?:anyone:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend on my sons got drawn for Salt Plains “wilderness” area and won’t be going, because his wife’s due to have their first child the same week. My son told him he would probably have more kids but may never get drawn for that hunt again.
He may have a point, but is anyone surprised my son doesn’t have a girlfriend or even any prospects?!?:anyone:
Your son has it right. His friend needs to grow a set. Harrumph!!!

Actually, the birth of a child is one of the most impressive things in the world that can happen to a human being. He's young, the wilderness hunt will come about again. Two of us on this forum have drawn it that I'm aware of.
Congrats to the friend to become a dad.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a tag to deer muzzleloader hunt pushmataha in December. Either sex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea I tried Push a couple times, spent a lot of time scouting and one time had a guy walk right up to tree I was in and start to climb up when I dropped a limb on him. Other time was about 150 yrds from road and about 10 AM truck came by with bunch drunks whooping and hollering. There are good deer there. Folks used too live across the river from it so I always ending up hunting across highway 2 to fill my tag. Good luck

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like everytime I got drawn there temps were in the 80's and 90's the day after a 4" rain flooded everything. I quit applying.

That has been true for the disability hunt at MCAAP. However, I will add that 1) I got my only P&Y after 4" rain overnight (went to hunt location in the daylight and shot deer < 1 hr), 2) last time there I saw 2 big 10 ptrs very near me and bachelor group of ~8? that were ~200 yds away both Fri & Sat., 3) it's been hot more than it has been cool.

It's 90% luck, luck and more luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom