Drive Shafts & Precision Driveline in Okc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have used Precision Driveline off MacArthur at the old MacArthur Speedway Track since the early 80s . They moved there around 82/83 been in business since 1977. I have had them build heavy duty Jeep shafts, huge shafts for our drilling rigs, farm machinery and cars and trucks.

They simply are the best in my mind, and am lucky they are in the Okc area. I took them a two piece Tundra 4x4 drive shaft that needed balanced and new carrier bearing installed. It is smooth now! They have never disappointed!

If you find you need driveline work, I highly recommend them.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wish I had known of them about 10 years ago.
My Tacoma needed a carrier bearing, so took it to a guy that was recommended by a friend. When I left it, I left the factory maintenance manual open to the page on the center consol about removing and servicing the drive shaft in that vehicle.
Evidently, he didn't know that there is a process to removing the shaft, replacing U-joints and getting them back in the same order to preserve the balance.
Made the truck shake like crazy at certain speeds when getting it back. Typical balance issue.
The mechanic sent it to a couple of drive shaft shops that do trucks and things. Never came back right, so got online, found a shop in San Antonio that most of the top fuel and funny car drivers use to build and balance their shafts. They spin them up to what is the equivalent RPM of a dragster going 300 mph.
When it came back, it was perfect. Never used that jerk again.

Sooner01

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dennishoddy. It’s amazing how people can mess up your stuff. Vibrations snd weird driveline noises drive me crazy.

You have to remove the driveshafts and bring them in for servicing but they are experts. They could tell my driveshaft was too short based on wear on the yoke ( someone swapped the 700r4 for a t350). Came out perfect.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My drive shaft was clocked wrong as well. May have been a Factory mess up. A two piece drive shaft calls for a perfect balance as a Carrier Bearing is needed. Out of balance even slightly will prematurely wear outthe Carrier Bearing. My off road Jeeps and buggies were hell on drive shafts. I can sure appreciate a good reputable shop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom