Driven T post

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One person could do it. You just drop the posts where they’re supposed to go, then park the tractor and trailer in the middle of a 200-300 foot run; 150’ of air hose fits on a relatively small reel.

It’s certainly a lot better than having to set a post the old fashioned way, with a shovel or post hole diggers and a creosoted log...

When I was a youngster, my grandfather would put up temporary fences for cattle. However, he would use railroad ties for his corner and gate posts. Always a load of fun to dig holes for "posts" that big.

But, they NEVER pulled out of the ground.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a youngster, my grandfather would put up temporary fences for cattle. However, he would use railroad ties for his corner and gate posts. Always a load of fun to dig holes for "posts" that big.

But, they NEVER pulled out of the ground.
This is what I use for that job.

i.ebayimg.com_images_i_282316120844_0_1_s_l1000.jpg

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is what I use for that job.

i.ebayimg.com_images_i_282316120844_0_1_s_l1000.jpg
The auger on that is to short and not big enough round for my dads corner post, he would find the biggest bois d arc tree he could find and cut the corner post out of it and what ever was sticking out of the ground that was how deep he wanted in the ground. Usually our corners were 6 out and 6 in and you had to do that 3 time on a 90 degree corner every corner post had to have a brace post to go with it.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
The auger on that is to short and not big enough round for my dads corner post, he would find the biggest bois d arc tree he could find and cut the corner post out of it and what ever was sticking out of the ground that was how deep he wanted in the ground. Usually our corners were 6 out and 6 in and you had to do that 3 time on a 90 degree corner every corner post had to have a brace post to go with it.

Yeah we used old Cimarron Electric highline poles for corner posts. We still braced them. Back in the day they were free to co-op members.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Grandpa didn't have anything like that. He was shorter than me and hard and thin, but he had no problem handling those railroad ties all by himself.

I bet he could tamp them in so solid they would not move an inch. Took me a long time to learn how to do it right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom