Ducks ... and Rabbits ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 4.5wk-6wk feathered poop bags are rapidly growing. I bought 2 Easter Eggers, 2 Cukoo Marans, 2 Delawares, 1 Red Sex Link, 1 Brown Leghorn, and 1 Black Sex Link Roo from Atwoods, and I hatched 1 mutt.

One of my EE turned out to be a Roo, so I have 2 Cockerels right now, hopefully the rest will be pullets.

rSYzJ9S.jpg

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see SO MANY things I will do different next time I buy ducklings. The chicks not so much. They are practically carefree. I do want a roo, though. It seems silly to have to buy new chicks every few years when I almost always have a broody hen.

But ... first things first ... gotta get my rabbits going first. Then ducks. So I can start feeding the dogs raw. After that these hens will be ready to "retire" and I can get some fresh chicks. And a roo (actually probably wind up with more than one if I just pick up a couple dozen from TSC next spring). Thank goodness I'm a pragmatic pet owner. Otherwise I'd be overrun with critters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom