East Coast Refugee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3/2ACR Vet

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello Oklahoma Shooters!

My name is Joe, and I moved out here from Baltimore Maryland last October. Finally got around to checking to see if there was an Oklahoma equivalent of the "MD Shooters" Site I frequented under the same username.

Glad I moved out here, loving OK so far. Look forward to making my contributions to the community.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity,,,
What brought you out here to Okie-Land?

How do you like our gun laws compared to those in Maryland?

I lived in Maryland when I was a little boy (late 50's),,,
My Uncle used to let me shoot his .22 pistol in their back yard.

Moved back there for a year back in 1964/65,,,
I remember getting a hunting license at 12 years old.

Maybe it was because I was young and uninformed,,,
But their gun laws didn't seem bad back then,,,
I could buy ammo (.22 & .410) by myself.

Anyways, welcome to Oklahoma.

Aarond

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome from a fellow refugee (was born and raised in NYC). I escaped with a little help from the USAF - and it only took 24 years of service! Won't live there again but I do miss the pizza, knishes, and dirty water dogs.

3/2ACR Vet

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity,,,
What brought you out here to Okie-Land?

How do you like our gun laws compared to those in Maryland?

I lived in Maryland when I was a little boy (late 50's),,,
My Uncle used to let me shoot his .22 pistol in their back yard.

Moved back there for a year back in 1964/65,,,
I remember getting a hunting license at 12 years old.

Maybe it was because I was young and uninformed,,,
But their gun laws didn't seem bad back then,,,
I could buy ammo (.22 & .410) by myself.

Anyways, welcome to Oklahoma.

Aarond

Thanks for the welcome, everyone

I moved out here because I got sick and tired of the stealthy removal of rights, a bit at a time, that's been going on in Md for the past decade or so. It's very disheartening, for example, to stand for hours in line to speak out against restrictive gun laws, outnumbering those in favor of said laws 70-100 to 1, and have the legislators totally ignore the will of the people. One of them was even playing chess on his computer during the testimonies.

It just got too unbelievably stupid, and I was so glad when I finally found a job here, right after the riots went down.

I'm loving the relatively gun friendly climate, compared to Maryland. I recently applied for and am waiting on my CCW permit, something I would have never been able to get in Md, as I'm not a business owner or politically connected.

It's just great to be here, :) and not have to deal with East coast BS anymore

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, everyone

I moved out here because I got sick and tired of the stealthy removal of rights, a bit at a time, that's been going on in Md for the past decade or so. It's very disheartening, for example, to stand for hours in line to speak out against restrictive gun laws, outnumbering those in favor of said laws 70-100 to 1, and have the legislators totally ignore the will of the people. One of them was even playing chess on his computer during the testimonies.

It just got too unbelievably stupid, and I was so glad when I finally found a job here, right after the riots went down.

I'm loving the relatively gun friendly climate, compared to Maryland. I recently applied for and am waiting on my CCW permit, something I would have never been able to get in Md, as I'm not a business owner or politically connected.

It's just great to be here, :) and not have to deal with East coast BS anymore

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Latest posts

Top Bottom