Eat and Shoot Dates Established -@gerhard1 's Outdooor Range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Potential bad news, folks. My wife and I were just out at the range to look it over and we almost got stuck in the mud. I'll check it out tomorrow and let you all know if it looks good for Saturday.

A postponement may be in order. Say, about a week.

Like I say, I'll let you know tomorrow.

Another idea might be to do the GTG and the eating part, this time at the Red Barn in Caldwell, KS.

Discussion on either of these ideas?

I thought that the ground would be dry enough with the lack of precip, but the cold doesn't seem to have let the ground dry out.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, if you are unsure if the fence is electric or not, how else can ya tell? I say just give it a real quick squirt and see if goes "Phiizzzzzssstt!" or not. But be quick about it; just a quick squirt, no long whizzin' . A ...a ...a friend of mine peed on one one time and he said it ...uh...he said it hurt.

You know, there is a part of me that wants to believe that druryj is willing to demonstrate the proper way to do this. If so, more than one of us NEEDS to bring a camera capable of video so it can be recorded for posterity. We need views from various angles. I personally would try to focus on his face during the demonstration.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep us apprised of what goes on. The wife and I will probably still attend so long as there is some shooting going on. If it is just for a get-together and eating, I'm not sure of that one. Since we are retired, we have no issues with the event being a week or two later.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Potential bad news, folks. My wife and I were just out at the range to look it over and we almost got stuck in the mud. I'll check it out tomorrow and let you all know if it looks good for Saturday.

A postponement may be in order. Say, about a week.

Like I say, I'll let you know tomorrow.

Another idea might be to do the GTG and the eating part, this time at the Red Barn in Caldwell, KS.

Discussion on either of these ideas?

I thought that the ground would be dry enough with the lack of precip, but the cold doesn't seem to have let the ground dry out.

Man, we wanna shoot! I’d say move it out some...no need to get stuck in the mud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm ready to go, but don't want to see anybody stuck! If that's a real possibility, it just ain't worth it IMHO. We don't want @druryj dirtying up his fancy clothes by being out there in the mud, pushing somebody's sports car!

Latest posts

Top Bottom