Ebola Threat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SomeCallMeMom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I read that this is the Zaire strain and I'm pretty sure they've seen it, I think its a combo of sloppy medical practices, lack of facilities to properly sanitize and cultural beliefs of the countries its prevalent in. The incubation period is crazy long and in my mind if the flu virus and cold virus are considered airborne through droplets then by that logic if droplets containing ebola can transfer via sneeze or cough then why shouldn't it be considered airborne as well just maybe the droplets need to be larger but hey, I've seen someone sneeze and those droplets would be plenty large enough to infect people standing around downwind etc. I've seen that happen on a soccer field, LOL it was kind of gross and funny at the same time but if ebola was around and I saw some **** like that I'd prob freak out.

Cold & influenza virus can live & infect someone even without the droplet. So, a surface that is dry may still contain viable infectious cold & flu virus whereas the Ebola virus can't.
You are right though, just about any contact with a bodily fluid can get you sick... even if it is a sneeze that goes downwind quite a ways. Gross!

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cold & influenza virus can live & infect someone even without the droplet. So, a surface that is dry may still contain viable infectious cold & flu virus whereas the Ebola virus can't.
You are right though, just about any contact with a bodily fluid can get you sick... even if it is a sneeze that goes downwind quite a ways. Gross!

ahhh I see. yeah I was standing sort of behind but still on the sideline one day and one of my friends sons was sitting in front of us, and a parent a good 20 or so feet away sneezed really big and it was windy and you just saw this huge cloud of sneeze migrate right on down all over this poor kid. He was grossed out completely, we all were really. Here is the kicker the guy that sneezed all over the world without covering was some "upper crust I have money and I'm just a bit better than you" type of person. In polite society you'd think they'd have common hygiene practices, he's lucky that wasn't me he sneezed all over or I prob would've channeled mdp and went full redneck trailer trash on him. So the story is one of those omg thats gross but still kind of funny things that you see, except when you think about all the damn viruses the guy could've shed and sent flying all over everyone down line prob 30 or more people exposed to his nasty self.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
340 million people in West Africa. Horrible living conditions, no infrastructure.

3,600 people sick. 2,000 dead.

I'm sure it sucks for those affected, but the breathless handwringing still seems exaggerated. Of course, I'm not a virologist...so maybe we'll all be dead soon.

Last edited:

Repubiman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
340 million people in West Africa. Horrible living conditions, no infrastructure.

3,600 people sick. 2,000 dead.

I'm sure it sucks for those affected, but the breathless handwringing still seems exaggerated. Of course, I'm not a virologist...so maybe we'll all be dead soon.

Pretty sure its a little more than breathless hand wringing. The numbers say it's so. Im certain its seems
over exaggerated when there hasnt been cases here, but with a wide open border, who's says someone wont sneak
in purposely and start a pandemic here? It' be too easy. Besides, it's showing signs of being a new mutated
virus. How can healthcare workers have such a high rate of infection even with full body suits? Doesn't make
sense. These are professional health care workers such as Dr.'s and nurses. I've woked in healthcare for over 20
years and get emails from infection control at our hospital that talks about the concerns of this strain of Ebola.

Not panic for us but the first time even one case happens outside the affected area, people will be looking at this
with a lot more concern. I'm a realist not a fear- monger, but this is definately something to be concerned about.

http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpr...a-is-already-lost-5-million-people-could-die/

Oh and doesn't it give you a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that DHS says the US is ill-prepared to handle an Ebola break out here? Just saying. We all know how well they handled Katrina and other emergencies. You would be best staying away from them.
Just ask those affected from hurricane Sandy. lol

http://www.naturalnews.com/046849_Ebola_hospital_beds_Liberia.html#

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The numbers don't "say it's so".

340 million. Horrible living conditions, no infrastructure, uneducated population. Only 2,000 dead and a 55% mortality rate.

This is a bad disease and my heart goes out to the victims, wouldn't wish it on anyone but this is hardly the stuff of world ending plagues.

This will burn out and a year from now it'll be some other drama to fret over.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still more worried about how to deal with the public's reaction if Ebola makes it over here, but I'm starting to think that a pandemic can't be ruled out, as crazy as that sounds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom