Electric Vehicle....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m going to be replacing one of our vehicles before long, and lovely Bride asked me if I had considered an electric vehicle. This will be used primarily around town.

I know some of you have purchased one or more of these, so what do you think?

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've hear directly from the new Tesla service center that was built in my sales territory when i had to visit for work that with a healthy down payment you can get a real nice Model X or S or whatever for only like $250/month lease. I like some of the electric vehicals but would never have one as a primary mode of transport. Rivian makes a really nice truck and SUV but don't think they are out yet.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think they are viable for local runs in town and so on. I'd sure look into battery life and cost of replacement when they peter out.
Also look at resale if you don't like it. Is there a market for a used EV?

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Electric vehicles are the future--of that there is no doubt. Just a matter of time. From a performance standpoint, electric motors have one outstanding quality that no internal combustion motor can match. Electric motors make maximum torque as soon as they begin to turn. No more "winding it up" thru the gears; electrics put out max torque from the get-go.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Electric vehicles are the future--of that there is no doubt. Just a matter of time. From a performance standpoint, electric motors have one outstanding quality that no internal combustion motor can match. Electric motors make maximum torque as soon as they begin to turn. No more "winding it up" thru the gears; electrics put out max torque from the get-go.
Ill give them a chance when they make one that can ford a river and run through mud while crawling a favorite trail to get to the cabin.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can’t say that I’ve looked, but my first question is where would you recharge them if you were running low on juice?

Second, if you’re nowhere near a charging station and it runs out of juice, do you call a wrecker or can someone hook up battery cables and jump it?

I was looking at a new electric lawn mower last week and the first thing I thought about, “if I’m way out on the far side of the property and it runs down, how would I get it going again? String several 100’ extensions together and plug it in?

Latest posts

Top Bottom