Electronic scale and cold

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a rcbs rangmaster 2000 and am worried it’s performance will be jeopardized with these temperatures. My shop is 32 at this point. Owners manual states to recalibrate with temp fluctuations but I have not seen a min temp rating.

Anyone have advice to share?

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got two el cheapos. One's a Frankford Arsenal and I can't even tell you what brand the other one is. They stay in the garage, but I do all my powder charging in the house. I've been using the Frankford Arsenal and would bring it into the house for about thirty minutes before I started weighing. I got to reading the manual the other day (imagine that) and it says to allow the scale an hour to come up to room temperature. Oops.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I've got two el cheapos. One's a Frankford Arsenal and I can't even tell you what brand the other one is. They stay in the garage, but I do all my powder charging in the house. I've been using the Frankford Arsenal and would bring it into the house for about thirty minutes before I started weighing. I got to reading the manual the other day (imagine that) and it says to allow the scale an hour to come up to room temperature. Oops.
Turn in your man card Mr. !! :cool:

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just checked a few minutes ago. My Garage/reloading area is 65 degrees right now. My heat pump is having a bit of difficulty keeping it at 68 with it 6 degrees outside. [emoji3063]

Precision instruments can be impacted by wide temperature ranges. Once things become more normal. You should calibrate and also make durable check gauge for a weight near the amount you are normally using it at. Most included check weights are too heavy. Then you can always confirm when in doubt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom