Enfield No.4 Mk 1 and a problem...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just got this today, and have to say I like the feel of it better than my Ishapore 2a1 and the sights don't even compare. Love the sights. That being said I have two questions.

My bolt head occasionally wants to jump the tracks. Hasn't done it while cycling ammo, but has while working the action dry. Not every time, but often enough to be noticeable. Any tips or thoughts?

Secondly, how do you adjust for windage, or keep the rear sight consistently in the same spot? Seems like there is a good 1/8th inch of play in it and while it typically stays against the left side, I could see it gettin off when you don't want it to.

Crappy iPod pics, Long Branch, made in 1943.

Attachments

• image-4065067973.jpg
    image-4065067973.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 199
  • image-3080827583.jpg
    image-3080827583.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 190

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine has shims between the rear sight and the receiver body that keep the sight in place, as far as windage and elevation adjustment, it is all in the front sight. You can get different front sight post inserts for elevation and the front sight tool to adjust the windage from left to right.

As far as jumping track, you might want to have a smith look at it, might need a new bolt head, or the channel might need to be rebuilt, can't tell from the photos.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ill do some looking around in the ol safe. Took the rear sight off and put a scope mount on a few months ago. Im sure I still have the shims somewhere. They were made out of thin brass, almost like washers.

Might look at brpguns. or Numrich sometimes they have the odd parts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom