Enfield No. 5 "Jungle Carbine"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone here have one? I picked up a matching '46 from Aim over the weekend and am curious what I'm in for. I really like the look and you don't see a ton of them, so there was no question that I had to have one! Any tips on these would be great.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I saw one at the gunshow up here the other weekend. The guy told me it was in .308 instead of .303. I loved the feel of that rifle. If I had the money to buy it, I would have.

I wish I could tell you more other than they feel nice to me. Congrats on the purchase, lucky.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Real ones are few and far between. Century and Interarms had a ton of them "made up" in 303 and 308 back in the early 90's still pretty neat guns though.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My FIL hunts with a No. 4 Mk I. Years ago he had it in the shop during the season and had to borrow a buds Jungle Carbine. The carbine shot patterns instead of groups but it could just be that gun and not a universal issue.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The carbine shot patterns instead of groups but it could just be that gun and not a universal issue.

This tends to be the stigma that is attached to the No 5's...wandering zero. I purchased the rifle in the photo below a few years back for only $125. The size and weight of the rifle make it very handy, but the recoil was extremely unpleasant. Much sharper than any other milsurp that I have fired.

Latest posts

Top Bottom