1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

ENS - Date Change to Saturday, May 8th!

Discussion in 'Gun Club/Range Talk' started by druryj, Apr 13, 2021.

1. druryj

druryj Administrator Staff Member

Administrator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Wouldn't you know it? Mother's Day happens to be the ONE day I picked for an ENS...:ooh2::oops3:
    So, I have moved it to Saturday, May 8th, with a start time of 0900AM at Big Boys. I'm sure this is to the joy of many and to the sorrows of the few.

To those who responded for the May 9th date: Please submit a new response if you will be able to attend. All else remains the same. We will shoot for a couple of hours then shift OSA HQ to Del Rancho for the good part: Eat!

To those who are just now learning of the upcoming ENS; please let me know if you will be able to attend.

Basically, everyone brings 2, 3, 4 guns...whatever you wanna lug, and we all get to shoot each other's guns. Pistols, and rifles are fine, shotguns are okay too, but the minimum distance for shotguns at Big Boys is 10 yards, to avoid damaging the overhead baffles. It's mo' betta if you have something that you imagine most folks haven't had a shot at shooting. We've had all manner of firearms show up at these things. I will bring 3 or 4 of my PPK, PPK/S pistols in .22LR, .32ACP, and the mighty .380ACP calibers. My Hellcat will be there too. Gone are the days of unlimited mag dumps it appears. With the price of ammo today, let's be aware and try to control ourselves when shooting someone's guns/ammo. Take a few shots and call it good, eh? Now if you wanna bring your own ammo ...
    :fullauto:

My brother Jimmy (@surjimmy) is going to set up some informal competitions, and there will be prizes! I will ask Jimmy to post up in here what he cobbles together as far as the competition part. I think he can handle this, but I may have to ask one of you adults to sort of watch over him so he doesn't have us doing gunfights ala OK Corral... Remember: Prizes!

Of Note: Big boys will not let you store your firearms or gun cases/bags on the back wall, in order to prevent someone from unbagging a gun behind the line and walking up to the shooting station with it in hand. There have been a few unpleasant events from this, with the end result being bullets bouncing off the concrete floor and ricocheting around with a full bay of shooters in the danger zone.

Thanks to COVID-19, it's been a little over year since we have been able to get together and have an ENS! Many of us have been cooped up for way too long! We have lived like hermits it seems, alone, isolated, some of us sick...forced to rely on OSA for our news, entertainment, and for some semblance of social interaction with fellow like-minded human beans.

Last thing: I need a firm head count NLT than Thursday, May 6th. Please check your calendars and let me know so I can let both Big Boys and Del Ranch know what to expect. I look forward to seeing you there!
    Joel

Again, my apologies for the initial brain fart. Mea Culpa.
    Joel

Jonny, DRC458, O4L and 1 other person like this.
  2. druryj

Administrator Supporter
    Rating
    100%

okierider, DRC458 and O4L like this.
  3. druryj

Administrator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I like it. More details on what each of the five stages entails please.

4. xseler

xseler These are not the firearms you're looking for.

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Count me in!

druryj likes this.
  5. freewookie

freewookie Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Would love to but will in on a beach. Next time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

druryj likes this.
  6. El Pablo

El Pablo Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I should be able to do it.

druryj likes this.
  7. Sted-E Ed-E

Sted-E Ed-E Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Saturday is even better! I’ll be there with bells on!!!

JLB and druryj like this.
  8. rswink

rswink Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I should know what I can schedule next week. Have to grab wedding items this morning. Might have to stop at an ammo counter to "relax"... Maybe.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

DavidMcMillan and druryj like this.
  9. GUN DOG

GUN DOG Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I’ll be there need some bullets to reload the 10 mm can’t seem to find any

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. thor447

thor447 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Count me in Joel. My Dan Wesson needs a workout.

JLB and druryj like this.