Ever been to Sgt. Everrets range?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwmmg08

Marksman
Reaction score
I tried to go shoot my MP40 there the other day, but they don't allow ultra-fun guns there, just the average stuff. :scratch:

Oh well! The daughter and I just loaded up and took off, we'll keep shooting at our usual haunts... :haay:

It looked like a nice place though, and my kiddo got a chuckle out of the zombie targets. Nice people, and we went and checked out the range, it looked ok.

Deadpool405

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried to go shoot my MP40 there the other day, but they don't allow ultra-fun guns there, just the average stuff. :scratch:

Oh well! The daughter and I just loaded up and took off, we'll keep shooting at our usual haunts... :haay:

It looked like a nice place though, and my kiddo got a chuckle out of the zombie targets. Nice people, and we went and checked out the range, it looked ok.

That sucks, I went yesterday and fired off about 200 rounds until I was sweating so much it was dripping into my eyes. Is there a range with air conditioning that isn't as busy as H & H and that is not Gun World?

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I must have just missed you. There were three people sharing a lane when I got there about 2:30.

It was my first visit. It wasn't bad, but I wasn't particularly impressed. I'd go again if I wanted to shoot somewhere on a weekend that wasn't packed.

Well most of the posters did say it was no frills, meaning its not going to "impress" people but does the job sufficiently.

I like Everetts bc I dont give a rats a$s about frills. Sure frills are nice but I just want to shoot, have a good time, and leave and Everetts lets me do that so im happy.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll admit, the range gets hot and stuffy. I always end up shooting at the far end of the range and the fan doesn't seem to clear the air down there. I've also learned to avoid the Red River ammo, last time I bought some (.45) they were bulged from reloading and I had to nudge the slide closed on my 1911 on almost every shot. I just wish they were set up for rifles so I wouldn't have to drive to Lexington (thanks for the tip Beast!).

DRT2007

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went there today for the first time, I really liked the simplicity of it.
Wonder if some of us could get together and do the membership?

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was there yesterday. Took my 9MM carbine and gave it a 250 round workout.

I might go tomorrow and try out another 200 rounds I hand loaded this evening.

A group membership is something I've floated to a few folks I know and another member of OSA....

DRT2007

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was there yesterday. Took my 9MM carbine and gave it a 250 round workout.

I might go tomorrow and try out another 200 rounds I hand loaded this evening.

A group membership is something I've floated to a few folks I know and another member of OSA....

I was there when they opened yesterday, I probably missed you. If your interested I can get two of the memberships, just see if you can get the other two.

RedRiverAmmo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sidenote: Walmart didn't have any WWB, so I bought a box of Red River Ammo (local company) from Sgt. Everett's. It was remanufactured 9mm 115gr TMJ, and it shot great.
Thanks for the good review. I'm glad you enjoyed our ammo.

I bought a box of Red River 380 on my last visit. Two rounds failed to feed. After looking at them the bullet was not seated squarely in the case. Not happy with that and I'll likely not buy that again. And it was more expensive than Federal FMJ from Academy.

If you still have the box/tray from that box please look on it and pm the four digit lot number to me. I'm not aware of anyone else having this problem and the lot number would tell us all of the details of the loading.

I'll admit, the range gets hot and stuffy. I always end up shooting at the far end of the range and the fan doesn't seem to clear the air down there. I've also learned to avoid the Red River ammo, last time I bought some (.45) they were bulged from reloading and I had to nudge the slide closed on my 1911 on almost every shot. I just wish they were set up for rifles so I wouldn't have to drive to Lexington (thanks for the tip Beast!).

Hey folks, just a reminder, we are a local company and do our best to respond immediately to any issues with our ammo. Most of our feedback is very positive, but in cases like these please pm me with the lot number, gun used and any other pertinent information. Sharing this info will help us determine if the problem is a fluke or a trend. Last time I was at Sgt. Everretts, Kelly had five or six recalls from the big three ammo makers on the front counter. I bring this up not to disparage those companies, but to show that we follow a similar system of post-retail consumer feedback. So, please feel free to contact us with both positive or negative feedback. We appreciate your business.

Trevor

Red River Ammo Co.
405-513-6632
[email protected]

Latest posts

Top Bottom