everytime guys try the tueller drill vs me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okeydoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
(me using airsoft, openly worn) they get the crud "shot" out of them and never touch me with the rubber knife :-) There's nothing forcing you to stand your ground and draw. So I jump back as I draw, backpedal as I fire (repeatedly). The guy won't still be at 7 yds when you fire and you can learn to react, draw and hit, at arm's length, in sub .70 second. They can't cover even 10 ft that fast, from a standing start. If you've added say, 4 ft by jumping back, you can get to a 2 handed stance before they are within 8 ft of you. They need almost half a second to close that 10 ft, cause they aint up to full speed yet. That lets you shoot them 2x. Then if you've backed up a step or 2 while you shoot, they are still a few feet from you when your 3rd shot hits them.

the problem, tho, is that truly dangerous knifemen hide their intentions until they are less than 10 ft from you! Also, you won't be openly carrying, so you'll need black belt hand to hand levels of skill, just to "buy" enough time and space to draw your ccw'd pistol and bring it into play, in time to save yourself.

okeydoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you have no idea. I started working on ccw fast draw in 1964, made black belt in Korea, 1973, helped Jeff set up IPSC in 1976, Where were you? :-)

okeydoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
no, in Moo Duk Kwan karate. I"ve been able to beat the waist high coin drop to the 2 handed, eye level firing position for 40 years now, and most of the time, beat it to a one handed hip point shot, starting from under a shirt, coin on the hand that clears the shirt. How about you. The things you say you could do, back then, were mess your diapers and cry, most likely. If you were even born.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
in ccw quick draw?

Yeah, like this! ;)

th

okeydoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
that coin drop takes about .55 second, but no reaction time is involved. Warmed up, with a speed rig and 1911, I've managed to average sub .65 second reaction, draw and hits, at 10 ft, 5 tries, all on the 10" chest circle, starting hands at sides. This is while using a rig that holds the gun when I run, of course, not a silly open front, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom