Executions, old school

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
South Carolina State House Votes To Include Firing Squad To Execution Methods
By The Scoop
Published May 6, 2021 at 9:15pm
131 Comments
The South Carolina State House agreed on Wednesday to restore the firing squad to the state’s execution procedures.

The law, which was passed by a vote of 66-43, would require death-row prisoners to choose either a firing squad or electrocution if lethal injection medications are not accessible at the time of their scheduled execution.

The Senate passed a similar bill by a vote of 32-11 in March, which ensures the bill will most likely be sent to Republican Governor Henry McMaster, who has already stated his promise to sign it into law.

“We are one step closer to providing victims’ families and loved ones with the justice and closure they are owed by law. I will sign this legislation as soon as it gets to my desk,” McMaster tweeted after the vote.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...votes-include-firing-squad-execution-methods/

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read up on how that process works way back in the day. Can't believe I still remember the name.
In Utah, Gary Gilmore was executed by firing squad. If I remember right, there were a series of pre aimed 30-30 lever guns pointed at Gilmore. The executioners only had to pull a string or something to fire the rifles. One was loaded with a blank so nobody knew who fired the blank as a means of helping the executioners settle with themselves mentally.

Edit: I think Oklahoma still has that as an alternative.
Personally I think a nitrogen chamber would be best.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Drama queens, frog march their ass out behind the courthouse and slip a 22 lr in where it belongs. Cheap, effective and with the right equipment, quiet. Too much? Ball peen hammer is also effective, just make sure the child molesters and women beaters get the 8 oz one.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read up on how that process works way back in the day. Can't believe I still remember the name.
In Utah, Gary Gilmore was executed by firing squad. If I remember right, there were a series of pre aimed 30-30 lever guns pointed at Gilmore. The executioners only had to pull a string or something to fire the rifles. One was loaded with a blank so nobody knew who fired the blank as a means of helping the executioners settle with themselves mentally.
Years ago, I saw a TV show that showed an "automated" firing squad from the late 1800s or early 1900s. The executee would go into a room and sit on a chair that was connected to the triggers of the rifle(s) by a series of levers or cables, so the act of sitting would trip the triggers. It seems like a western state (maybe Utah?) authorized its use, but I don't recall if it was ever used for an execution.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ammo is too expensive to waste on some POS. Rope has come along way since the old days. We have Kevlar rope now. We could always bring back the trap doors and hanging gallows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom