Executions, old school

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
South Carolina State House Votes To Include Firing Squad To Execution Methods
By The Scoop
Published May 6, 2021 at 9:15pm
131 Comments
The South Carolina State House agreed on Wednesday to restore the firing squad to the state’s execution procedures.

The law, which was passed by a vote of 66-43, would require death-row prisoners to choose either a firing squad or electrocution if lethal injection medications are not accessible at the time of their scheduled execution.

The Senate passed a similar bill by a vote of 32-11 in March, which ensures the bill will most likely be sent to Republican Governor Henry McMaster, who has already stated his promise to sign it into law.

“We are one step closer to providing victims’ families and loved ones with the justice and closure they are owed by law. I will sign this legislation as soon as it gets to my desk,” McMaster tweeted after the vote.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...votes-include-firing-squad-execution-methods/

At least they are given a choice....I'd take firing squad

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am thinking that a few years ago I understood in Oklahoma an option of a firing squad still existed. I am fallible, so I can’t say for sure.
Given a choice of firing squad, or cooking from electricity, I’d take a few bullets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
220px-Map_of_US_firing_squad_usage.svg.png
Oklahoma was the first jurisdiction in the world to adopt lethal injection as method of execution.The firing squad is an alternative method of execution in three states: Mississippi, Oklahoma and Utah.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which raises the question: "What are the other options in Oklahoma?"

No executions have been performed in Oklahoma since January 2015. The state of Oklahoma provides four possible methods of execution: lethal injection, nitrogen hypoxia, electrocution and firing squad to be used in that order in the event that all earlier methods are unavailable. The nitrogen option was added by the Oklahoma Legislature in 2015 and has never been used in a judicial execution. After struggling for years to design a nitrogen execution protocol and to obtain a proper device for it, Oklahoma announced in February 2020 it abandoned the project after finding a new reliable source of lethal injection drugs.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No executions have been performed in Oklahoma since January 2015. The state of Oklahoma provides four possible methods of execution: lethal injection, nitrogen hypoxia, electrocution and firing squad to be used in that order in the event that all earlier methods are unavailable. The nitrogen option was added by the Oklahoma Legislature in 2015 and has never been used in a judicial execution. After struggling for years to design a nitrogen execution protocol and to obtain a proper device for it, Oklahoma announced in February 2020 it abandoned the project after finding a new reliable source of lethal injection drugs.
I'm having an issue with this opinion. (I know it's not yours)
As a person that lived in the technical world, the use of a nitrogen chamber would be a no brainer. There is so much tech out there that could monitor each gas in the chamber and allow the injection of any gas to complete the execution. It's really not rocket science.

Latest posts

Top Bottom