Exploding Targets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RVCooper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tried out a box of the .22 sensitive type this past week end. Great fun if you've never tried them. I also discovered that 2 placed within 8 inches of each other will make a quite satisfying horrendous boom, with accompanying mushroom cloud. I love this country!

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got some from Midway with my birthday discount. Haven't used it yet. Saving it for the "G'kids. Thanks for the info. They'll probably love it.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Put 3-4 pounds on a tree limb! Who needs a chainsaw

If you do that, make sure everyone around is at a good distance. Tree bursts, with flying slivers of wood, are not anything to mess with. Just ask the GI's who fought in the Hurtgen Forest in WW2.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We use 1 pounders under a sand bag to cut cedars down from distance. Lots of fun. Beats the heck out of a chain saw. Sand bag directs the charge into the tree. Usually only takes one for small trees. Those that aren't totally severed are almost always mortally wounded and die within a week.

RVCooper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I laid 2 of the 1/2 pounders on a concrete block at opposite ends. Didn't really intend to leave them both there but started hoofing back to the line and then thought - what the hey - and left them both there. The result was small bits of concrete for 20 feet in all directions and a circle of bare dirt about 4 feet across where the grass once resided. My grandson took the shot so now I'm getting lobbied hard to get a whole bunch more!

Latest posts

Top Bottom