Falconry coming to Woodward

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there certain days that you will be hunting or will you be out every day that week? My family and I will be just south of woodward hunting all that week, and my son is supposed to be up from Louisiana to spend some time with us and I know he would love to see your birds at work.

Michael Beran

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there certain days that you will be hunting or will you be out every day that week? My family and I will be just south of woodward hunting all that week, and my son is supposed to be up from Louisiana to spend some time with us and I know he would love to see your birds at work.

We would love for you and your son and anyone else to join us, send me a PM with your contact info and I'll get ya'll set up.

Where in Louisiana is your son from?

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He lives in Jena with the ex. I lived there for 12 years, minus a year spent in Kuwait/Iraq. I live here in OK now and am remarried with two kids, but I know any of the kids would probably love to see the birds in action. My wife is from Cheyenne, about 1.5 hours south of Woodward,and we will be there the week of Thanksgiving doing some deer hunting, and will hopefully get to come visit your gathering.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I lived part of that time in Nebo area, so I've spent a few days around the lake myself; still have a lot of friends in Jena, spent 13 years in the National Guard unit there also.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK then Ladies with birds.

ai69.photobucket.com_albums_i71_Titaniumtalons_Falconry_20Friends_TrappingBird3andBrandihome.jpg

Michael, what kind of bird is this?

Michael Beran

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Michael, what kind of bird is this?

This is a female juvenile Redtail hawk, the red tail does not molt in until the second summer.

We can tell it is a female by it's huge feet and size, in raptors the females are 1/3 to 1/2 times bigger than the males.

Also a side note, the Harris Hawk is the only Falconry raptor that lives and hunts in a family group lead by an Adult Alpha Female and two Adult Subordinate Males and up to 6 juvenile birds

Latest posts

Top Bottom