Falconry coming to Woodward

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess a juvenile red-tailed hawk

This is a female juvenile Redtail hawk, the red tail does not molt in until the second summer.

We can tell it is a female by it's huge feet and size, in raptors the females are 1/3 to 1/2 times bigger than the males.

Also a side note, the Harris Hawk is the only Falconry raptor that lives and hunts in a family group lead by an Adult Alpha Female and two Adult Subordinate Males and up to 6 juvenile birds
I thought it looked like a Redtail but the tail was like totally wrong! Thanks...

Justin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is amazing, I've read all 10 pages and I look forward to more pictures. Wish I was back in the states, I would be there. I'll meet up in 2011 when I get back!

Michael Beran

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm on a small island in the atlantic, about 900 miles away from Mainland Portugal. Can Falcons take out seagulls and neighborhood cats? I would have plenty of food for one if they could, and I would be less annoyed.

Falcons make short work of Gulls but some of them are protected in certain places.

Cats have a bacteria under their claws that kill birds, the slightest scratch and you have to get your bird to the vet ASAP or it will be dead in days. Just another reason in a long list of reason why you should always sight your AR15 in on feral cats.

Michael Beran

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best Quote Ever. It may just become my tagline.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha
I really dislike cats, at least the domestic type, especially the domestic feral cat!

ai219.photobucket.com_albums_cc131_pop_killah_CatGuncopy.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom