Falconry coming to Woodward

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldflinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, what a great thread! I am intrigued. If me and my 2 kids were to check this out, what can be expected? Lots of walking? Do you all wear hunter orange since you will be out in the middle of Rifle Season? This is making me want to take a day off from Deer Hunting to check this out. I am from Oklahoma City, and it is about a 2 1/2 hour drive. We were up in that area this summer checking out the Selmon bat watch. Another event I would highly reccomend. Could my 10 year old daughter keep up with this action? Are the observers used as flushers?

Michael Beran

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could my 10 year old daughter keep up with this action? Are the observers used as flushers?

We do different types of hunts, we will be looking for tractor/equipment storage areas to hunt bunnies. There is a lot less walking and more flushing, less catching but more flying, equipment areas are very fun to watch.

If we hunt drainage ditches there is a lot of walking because the bunnies flush both ways and we walk them in and walk them out.

When we are hunting the Harris Hawks it is very, very fun because these birds hunt like a pack of beagle dogs so all you have to do is watch, we dig them out of hiding but that's about it!

ai69.photobucket.com_albums_i71_Titaniumtalons_NAFA2007Day4075.jpg

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha ha ha ha ha ha
I really dislike cats, at least the domestic type, especially the domestic feral cat!

Yeah same for me. My apartment complex had a lot of feral, and my neighbor always fed them so they would hang on his porch area and poop on mine. Until my pellet gun started scaring them away.... They hated me almost as much as I hated them by the end of it, but they wouldn't poop on my porch anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom