False News

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
FBI stats do not classify domestic public shootings as "active shooter" events, just as domestic.

I'm not sure that's true... I was under the impression if there were 4 people killed, the FBI classified it as a "mass shooting" regardless of the nature. Case in point was the family in B.A. a few years ago where the teenaged boys killed like 5 out of 6 family members? No way that should have been classified as a "mass shooting" for the purposes put forth by the gun control advocates in Moms Demand Action and such, but it was.

I could be wrong, again, this was just my understanding of the situation.

<edit> Then again, I don't know how many different "classifications" they list.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure any shooting event with 4 or more people killed, is the most accepted definition of a mass shooting. FBI defines 4 or more deaths as mass murder, I don't believe they define mass shootings.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure that's true... I was under the impression if there were 4 people killed, the FBI classified it as a "mass shooting" regardless of the nature. Case in point was the family in B.A. a few years ago where the teenaged boys killed like 5 out of 6 family members? No way that should have been classified as a "mass shooting" for the purposes put forth by the gun control advocates in Moms Demand Action and such, but it was.

I could be wrong, again, this was just my understanding of the situation.

<edit> Then again, I don't know how many different "classifications" they list.
If you're talking about the Bever family murders, it was two of the brothers, Robert and Michael, who stabbed to death the rest of their family members except their 13 year old sister, who was wounded but not killed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom