Family Says Moore Police Beat Father To Death

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimCorrigan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, what is the deal there? That would block his airway. Do they train for ANYTHING in Moore????

#1 Shake person. Ask if they are okay. No response? Go to #2

#2 Check for breathing. Listen. Watch chest for movement. Nothing? Go to #3

#3 Have someone call 911, have someone retrieve an AED, if available. Begin CPR. Don't stop until the paramedics arrive.

That's the way I learned it, anyway. It could make a big difference in the person making it or not, to continue CPR until the guys that know what they are doing and have the right stuff arrive.

I wonder why none of the five guys there did that. Surely they train for that too. Did they not know any better? Were they not trained how? My 11 year old knows how, as he is trained.

Makes me mad, and sad.

Avoid the suburbs, gents.

"Here. I'll hold your phone."

If they had began administering emergency first aid, it might have been used as evidence against them as being responsible. I don't know if they had much medical training, but they sure were trained to cover their ass. Hold that phone, indeed. The Warren Theatre cameras should clear all this up. Who's got that video?

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
All I seem was 4 LEOs with their knees on the back of a dead man and another holding his head into the concrete. Then I seen another trying to block the view of the wife filming his comrades holding the dead man down while trying to comfort her by saying the dead husband was okay while his comrades propped him up until the paramedics arrived. Did I miss anything from the video?

JimCorrigan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
All I seem was 4 LEOs with their knees on the back of a dead man and another holding his head into the concrete. Then I seen another trying to block the view of the wife filming his comrades holding the dead man down while trying to comfort her by saying the dead husband was okay while his comrades propped him up until the paramedics arrived. Did I miss anything from the video?

I believe you can hear him saying "I can't breathe" near the beginning of the video. It appears to be the last thing he says...So they weren't holding down a dead man at least then, only a beaten (and to what extent we don't know, an officer claims he is bleeding, and there appears to be some fresh liquid substance in a pool around where the victim was laying, I'm pretty sure that wasn't the officer's blood...) man.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well after reading all the posts on here, I'm convinced those damned LEO's are 100% guilty. No need for an investigation, charges, or trial. Just give them max sentence for manslaughter. Or, maybe they planned to kill him. What the heck, just send them up for murder one and put this one in the case closed file.

I'm sure you're being sarcastic but it sounds like a good start to me. All of this because he wouldn't show ID to a couple rent a cops at a damn theater.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they had began administering emergency first aid, it might have been used as evidence against them as being responsible. I don't know if they had much medical training, but they sure were trained to cover their ass. Hold that phone, indeed. The Warren Theatre cameras should clear all this up. Who's got that video?

That is actually the opposite of what should happen. If they cause the injury they should render aid.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you put a knee from a 200 lb man into the back of another and that person can't breathe, and is struggling to stay alive, keep screaming "Quit struggling!! Quit struggling!!

They eventually will.

The knee in the back to prop up the dead guy goes against every first aid rule on the books. His chest isn't heaving from running around the parking lot and then fighting before being being subdued like the officers that subdued him were.

Evidently, he "quit struggling" according to orders.

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, 5 well armed/trained men are clearly out of breath and are sitting on top of 1 unconscious/unresponsive suspect and this doesn't strike you as unusual? To me, something is amiss but not ready to crucify/clear officers yet.

Like a lot of folks on here, I do have question. Just not ready to point fingers at leo's, victim, or family until investigation is complete. As to the 5 on 1. Several years ago, my 14 yr old son who weighed around 125 lbs. was hospitalized due to an accident. Was given a drug and had a violent reaction. It took 6 nurses, myself, my wife, and the doctor to hold him down after he broke the restraints. Maybe I missed something, but I didn't see at what point the victim became non-combative. 5 on 1 to restrain a person may not have been out of line. At what point he died and the reason nobody knows. Still a lot of variables in play.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The man wasn't combative until the police tried to take him down. His wife said on the video that she in-fact hit the daughter.

The accounts I have read and seen sound like they asked him for ID and the knowledge about the woman hitting the daughter came out after the arrest of the father. Just really looks to me like they were trying to diffuse a domestic and figure out what was what. The mans combative actions resulted in force being necessary to subdue the man to find out what was going on. That force along with his poor health (assumption) resulted in his death (again assumption).

Now I don't know all the facts by any means but this is just what it looks like to me. Certainly not bloodthirsty cops looking to beat down a fat man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom