Family Says Moore Police Beat Father To Death

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Mike, I have to agree with you on this one... Sounds like total BS to me.

All this whining about "innocent until proven guilty" is BS. When this started he was alive and by the end he was dead. What was he guilty of? According to the police statements his offenses were: not providing ID, taking an aggressive posture, and lastly...flexing his fist. Nowhere has anyone accused him of threatening, shoving, punching, trying to take a swing, pulling a weapon, or even having a weapon. And you can d@mn well bet if he had the chief would have said so. The punishment doesn't fit the crime. The police should have defused the situation not made it worse by their heavy handed practices.

In the video, the man gasped "can't breath" and then he exhaled his last bit of air a few seconds later (which is audible) and what did it get him, nothing but more pressure exerted on his back. Then they continued to sit on him until he stopped twitching I guess, because they didn't get off, even after he was restrained. They appear to be using excessive pressure on his back keeping him pinned until he stopped twitching (but a dying body does that at times). I know I wouldn't have been able to breath in that position, and this guy was heavier and older than me. What I'd like to know is were they trying to cause him to back out? Is this the training methods taught to officers now? If so, they killed one this time. Notice I said "killed," it wasn't an accident, nor was the the man's fault, it was the over zealous and aggressive methods used that caused this incident. When he was rolled over his bladder was clearly starting to let go, but when he was placed, as he was, semi on his back with chin down, his bladder then completely let go (you can see the puddle of piss)...he died. But what truly astounds me is the fact no one attempted any CPR until the ambulance arrived - when it was obvious - what happening. The only way you can justify the officers actions is to say they have no responsibility for the lives they have asserted authority over. They took his liberty, and they took his life, after he had no means to preserve it.

So, to all the LEO's that I just pissed off, I'm sorry you don't like my opinion, but I'm just calling it like I see it. But I'm sure, these guys will be cleared of any wrong doing by the agencies investigating. But I'm also sure, the officers, the agencies that employ them, and Harkins will almost certainly be sued and I strongly suspect that they will lose.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All this whining about "innocent until proven guilty" is BS. When this started he was alive and by the end he was dead. What was he guilty of? According to the police statements his offenses were: not providing ID, taking an aggressive posture, and lastly...flexing his fist. Nowhere has anyone accused him of threatening, shoving, punching, trying to take a swing, pulling a weapon, or even having a weapon. And you can d@mn well bet if he had the chief would have said so. The punishment doesn't fit the crime. The police should have defused the situation not made it worse by their heavy handed practices.

In the video, the man gasped "can't breath" and then he exhaled his last bit of air a few seconds later (which is audible) and what did it get him, nothing but more pressure exerted on his back. Then they continued to sit on him until he stopped twitching I guess, because they didn't get off, even after he was restrained. They appear to be using excessive pressure on his back keeping him pinned until he stopped twitching (but a dying body does that at times). I know I wouldn't have been able to breath in that position, and this guy was heavier and older than me. What I'd like to know is were they trying to cause him to back out? Is this the training methods taught to officers now? If so, they killed one this time. Notice I said "killed," it wasn't an accident, nor was the the man's fault, it was the over zealous and aggressive methods used that caused this incident. When he was rolled over his bladder was clearly starting to let go, but when he was placed, as he was, semi on his back with chin down, his bladder then completely let go (you can see the puddle of piss)...he died. But what truly astounds me is the fact no one attempted any CPR until the ambulance arrived - when it was obvious - what happening. The only way you can justify the officers actions is to say they have no responsibility for the lives they have asserted authority over. They took his liberty, and they took his life, after he had no means to preserve it.

So, to all the LEO's that I just pissed off, I'm sorry you don't like my opinion, but I'm just calling it like I see it. But I'm sure, these guys will be cleared of any wrong doing by the agencies investigating. But I'm also sure, the officers, the agencies that employ them, and Harkins will almost certainly be sued and I strongly suspect that they will lose.

Well said!

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

No cop bashing. Banned for life.

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom