Farm pond crappie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen many people say that until they ate fried walleye.

I've tried many types of fish and many preparation methods. I just don't like the taste of fish.

I can eat Long John Silver's about twice a year - bland, almost tasteless whitefish, heavily battered and deep-fried with lots of ketchup. That's about the only way I can stand it.

Since my son doesn't like it, and my wife is allergic, we don't eat it in my house. So it works fine for all of us.

She can eat tuna, so we have that occasionally. But not often. Only if it's the kind packed in spring water, not in oil.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've tried many types of fish and many preparation methods. I just don't like the taste of fish.

I can eat Long John Silver's about twice a year - bland, almost tasteless whitefish, heavily battered and deep-fried with lots of ketchup. That's about the only way I can stand it.

Since my son doesn't like it, and my wife is allergic, we don't eat it in my house. So it works fine for all of us.

She can eat tuna, so we have that occasionally. But not often. Only if it's the kind packed in spring water, not in oil.

No sushi either?

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man that sucks, love me some fried fish.
No kidding my pops can fry up some amazing crappie. That with home made onion rings, hush puppies and to make sure you got something healthy a big side of cole slaw to help it all go down.

When I was a kid we ran a trotline a lot. We had some huge cat fish. He actually started grilling them in a aluminum foil packet with butter, onions and lemon and it would take some of the fishy taste out.

Still I think crappie are the best eating fish there is.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I caught one decent bass, about 10 dink bass and one small crappie
3F6BF7A3-4C2E-4329-8DFD-6E0D8FF738F6.jpeg

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man @dlbleak I don't know how them fish find your bait in that nasty old red water in that part of the state. I died a 1000 deaths in Lawton. Only clear water was in the mountains.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Man @dlbleak I don't know how them fish find your bait in that nasty old red water in that part of the state. I died a 1000 deaths in Lawton. Only clear water was in the mountains.
Oddly enough, I went to the other pond on the lease and it was crystal clear. It was where I caught all the dink bass

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fish detect vibration of bait fish or lures through the lateral lines that run down their side so muddy water isn't typically an issue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom