FBI switching to 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"papers of unknown origin"? TM 43-0001-27 is titled "Army Ammunition Data Sheets, Small Caliber Ammunition, FSC 1305", published by Headquarters, Department of the Army. I don't have a link, but I'll make a copy and send it to you for ten cents a page plus shipping if you want.

Do you have the government contract number for that 1987 and 2011 issue ammo? If you do I might be able to research the solicitation and verify the requirements and any authorized deviations, otherwise its origin and adherence to standards is significantly more "unknown" than the TM page I posted.

I let you in on a little secret - I don't give two ****s what "standard" is/was/will be.

But to make it interesting - I bet you that whatever FBI gets in 9mm, ain't going to be 115gn.
How about $100? Any takers?

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are we back to talking about "being effective"?

Luckily, the FBI has one of the best ballistics labs in the World and concluded that they'll be just as effective with 9mm.
You should check this out - seems like people more expert than us OSAers did the testing for us:

http://loadoutroom.com/12077/fbi-going-9mm-comes-science/

Look Mom, we came Full Circle back to page 1!

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just in case this was for me.......
I don't know.
I was sitting there minding my own business when some jackwagon let loose a errant round down the firing line.
I guess we were lucky it hit my ammo box.

Yeah, I was wondering if you had done it yourself. Did you shoot back? lol

Of course, I could have been saying "Why is this thread still going?"

Latest posts

Top Bottom