FBI switching to 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to break a window and cant decide if this chunk of asphalt or granite would be better for the job. Can someone help me decide? Please cite analytical data in your response because that is the important part judging by this thread.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to break a window and cant decide if this chunk of asphalt or granite would be better for the job. Can someone help me decide? Please cite analytical data in your response because that is the important part judging by this thread.

There are studies that suggest both pieces will break the window. However, it's important to note that the granite will break the window with more force due to its higher density. It's important to note that if you do decide to use the asphalt, your throw placement is very important. Make sure you hit towards to center of the window or else you may not break it. Of course you probably have more asphalt available than granite, so if you do fail to break it on the first attempt, subsequent throws will be possible.

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/density-solids-d_1265.html

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

:rotflmao: I saw this guy on an NRA commercial the other day and wondered who he was ... Thanks for the giggle ... that was pretty spot on ... (btw, I'm the girl who had a sales GUY try to tell me that .357Mag would fit in my G-31 ... same guys asked me what a "little girl like me" needed a man's gun for" ... There are some real goober out there! :rotflmao:)

Last edited by a moderator:

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are studies that suggest both pieces will break the window. However, it's important to note that the granite will break the window with more force due to its higher density. It's important to note that if you do decide to use the asphalt, your throw placement is very important. Make sure you hit towards to center of the window or else you may not break it. Of course you probably have more asphalt available than granite, so if you do fail to break it on the first attempt, subsequent throws will be possible.

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/density-solids-d_1265.html

Perfect answer. Level up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom