FBI switching to Glock 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The trigger is subjective.

Not it's really not lol..... the P320 trigger is miles ahead of a glock trigger. As far as what the new glock frame looks like.... it doesn't matter. If you are equipping a large force, TO ME, I'd go with the platform that is actually modular. You can own just one trigger assembly and you can switch out any frame for $40 or caliber you want.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If thats your "objective" trigger argument, firefighterguy wins this round on points.

androcia.me_wp_content_uploads_2013_01_The_Dude.jpg

Just curious if anyone here owns both?

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are equipping a large force, TO ME, I'd go with the platform that is actually modular. You can own just one trigger assembly and you can switch out any frame for $40 or caliber you want.

It sounds good in theory, but Sig is not supporting it in a timely manner. I ordered a new style, large frame module for my 320 compact before Christmas. I received the wrong one twice. On ice in December and the other in early January. Customer service was aware that I was willing to accept any color as long as it was a large and in the new style that fits the revised slide lock. I finally received it last week. 6 months!

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not it's really not lol..... the P320 trigger is miles ahead of a glock trigger. As far as what the new glock frame looks like.... it doesn't matter. If you are equipping a large force, TO ME, I'd go with the platform that is actually modular. You can own just one trigger assembly and you can switch out any frame for $40 or caliber you want.
The ability to swap frames and calibers is nice for citizens. But it's not realistic for large agencies. The FBI contract only allowed two size guns and one caliber. Are they going to pass out a gun and a frame to everyone?

This probably came down to Glock being the lowest bidder but there's a reason they are carried by nearly every law enforcement agency. It makes people mad but they are the gold standard of reliability for polymer striker fired handguns. That matters in law enforcement. Sig makes great guns. Couldn't go wrong with either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ability to swap frames and calibers is nice for citizens. But it's not realistic for large agencies. The FBI contract only allowed two size guns and one caliber. Are they going to pass out a gun and a frame to everyone?

That's up to them, the option is there. Don't see how having a FCG you can swap out of several frames and calibers isn't a plus, but YMMV. You previously said that you hoped Glock follow the other makers and made a more "modular" frame with no finger grooves. Well, the P320 is it. Now all of the sudden..... "that's not realistic for large agencies" LOL.

The reason Glocks are carried by a majority of LE has to do with pricing. Their marketing and pricing for LE are second to none. 20 years ago? sure Glocks were the most reliable polymer guns on the block. However, in modern times though, there are now several platforms have proved just as reliable.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's up to them, the option is there. Don't see how having a FCG you can swap out of several frames and calibers isn't a plus, but YMMV. You previously said that you hoped Glock follow the other makers and made a more "modular" frame with no finger grooves. Well, the P320 is it. Now all of the sudden..... "that's not realistic for large agencies" LOL.

The reason Glocks are carried by a majority of LE has to do with pricing. Their marketing and pricing for LE are second to none. 20 years ago? sure Glocks were the most reliable polymer guns on the block. However, in modern times though, there are now several platforms have proved just as reliable.
Large agencies passing out multiple frames to share with one trigger mechanism isn't realistic. It is great for us citizens tho. Just like having the ability to have multiple calibers is a plus for me and you. It's not a plus for this contract because it stipulates 9mm only. They can't have anything else. The modular frame is great and hopefully Glock follows sig on that.

I've read on other forums (it's the internet I know) that it wasn't that close. The glocks they tested ran flawlessly and the sigs did not. The sig is a brand new platform. The .40glocks have had their share of issues. Because it's a platform that's been around for decades they can continually fix issues, like the rsa issues with the gen 4 and the ejection issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom