Female wants a .22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregorius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen boyfriends, husbands and fathers give their females .38's, 9mm and 45's that just scared the crap out of them. Why would anyone want to do that? I started my wife out with a .22 and worked her way up to larger calibers....

This.

Part of the reason I am getting back into guns is so that I can get the wife comfortable enough with guns to defend herself at home when I am not there. I sure as hell am not going to get her to fire a .44 magnum on her first time out, so starting with a .22 makes sense. Generally women aren't drawn to guns the way men are, so we should all stop assuming that bigger is better for them. I understand all the arguments about "man stopper" ammo, but if the female in question is scared to used the gun, what good is it?

So in the battle between a .22 and a box o' rocks...well. I think the .22 wins.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I would rather have my wife hit someone several times with a .22, than to miss them several times with a .45!

I would not recommend the Sig Mosquito. Not reliable enough.

A good revolver in .22 Magnum would be my choice. There are new self defense loads that I would be comfortable using.

That would be much better than a box o' rocks!

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
ruger mk 2 would be an optimal .22 auto.

The MKIII 22/45 pistols are good too!! 10rd magazines, fairly rapid reloads!
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_203_OrthodoxChristmas050.jpg

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_203_OrthodoxChristmas051.jpg

triggerhappy2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think a.22 is way better thin a rock she should start out with it and let her warm up to shooting a 22 because befor to long she will get board just shooting a 22 and move to the next step

Latest posts

Top Bottom