Field Guide to Oklahoma Wild Edibles?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have made a lot of wine and never any bad experiences..
The last batch was 1 gallon with about 8 different varieties of grapes..
24 days later i had some of the best wine i ever drank...all my friends and neighbors said the same..
I like homemade wine best..

What was your bad experience?

I used to bury my jars in the ground then dig up 3 months later and enjoy my wine..
I was a kid then making wine with sugar and grapes only..and it turned out great..
silly things kids do.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have made a lot of wine and never any bad experiences..
The last batch was 1 gallon with about 8 different varieties of grapes..
24 days later i had some of the best wine i ever drank...all my friends and neighbors said the same..
I like homemade wine best..

What was your bad experience?

I used to bury my jars in the ground then dig up 3 months later and enjoy my wine..
I was a kid then making wine with sugar and grapes only..and it turned out great..
silly things kids do.

Well my night started off good, was perusing thru Gen Discussing threads here on OSA. Somebody, prolly a newb, said something dumb, which touched off a BadgeBunny.

So i grabbed a opened bottle of elderberry wine. Was made by Nuyaka winery. Been drinkin the stuff for years, usually has a "grape" color. Anyway, the thread was really heatin up and BB and Been(i think) were eggin me on.

I mentioned to them that this particular bottle of wine tasted funny, was brown, and had floaties in it. "Just drink it Lurker", "dont be a sis", "you light weight", they tormented me and made me drink.

So then the thread went really "EPIC", so bad Been went to bed, but BB and DennisHoddy kept pickin on the new guy, so i cracked open a half gallon of Renunite wine and kept drinkin.

Then the thread went really SUPER EPIC. Drink Lurker, dont be a pansy, they goaded me. I begged them to stop, i told them i didnt feel well. Dennishoddy said "brown wine is good for you". BB started humbleing the new guy and talkin dirty, Dennis was drinkin scotch or somethin and Been signed back on, beggin for cookies. RickN, Ignert, Ridgehunter and a few other came n went.

Mean while, im not feelin so good but the thread was still rollin along, it was almost 5am and the OSA morning crew was arriving then all of a sudden.....POOF!!!! Bulboy signs on. The thread disappears, my postcount gets reduced by 100.

All thats left is the memory of the after taste of "brown wine".

PS. BB, Dennishoddy and Been may have a different account of the story.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well my night started off good, was perusing thru Gen Discussing threads here on OSA. Somebody, prolly a newb, said something dumb, which touched off a BadgeBunny.

So i grabbed a opened bottle of elderberry wine. Was made by Nuyaka winery. Been drinkin the stuff for years, usually has a "grape" color. Anyway, the thread was really heatin up and BB and Been(i think) were eggin me on.

I mentioned to them that this particular bottle of wine tasted funny, was brown, and had floaties in it. "Just drink it Lurker", "dont be a sis", "you light weight", they tormented me and made me drink.

So then the thread went really "EPIC", so bad Been went to bed, but BB and DennisHoddy kept pickin on the new guy, so i cracked open a half gallon of Renunite wine and kept drinkin.

Then the thread went really SUPER EPIC. Drink Lurker, dont be a pansy, they goaded me. I begged them to stop, i told them i didnt feel well. Dennishoddy said "brown wine is good for you". BB started humbleing the new guy and talkin dirty, Dennis was drinkin scotch or somethin and Been signed back on, beggin for cookies. RickN, Ignert, Ridgehunter and a few other came n went.

Mean while, im not feelin so good but the thread was still rollin along, it was almost 5am and the OSA morning crew was arriving then all of a sudden.....POOF!!!! Bulboy signs on. The thread disappears, my postcount gets reduced by 100.

All thats left is the memory of the after taste of "brown wine".

PS. BB, Dennishoddy and Been may have a different account of the story.

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

OMG, Dwight!! :lmfao::lmfao: Even if I did have a different recollection of the chain of events (and I do! :lmfao:) your version is so much better than reality!! :lmfao::lmfao: This has to be the single best post I have ever seen -- anywhere!! :lmfao::lmfao:

Well done my friend, well done!!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HA HA HA!!!! that's funny...worst thing i ever drank was creek water during the summer..
later that day we walked up the creek to find a dead dog that had been there for some time maggots eating 1/2 of it away.
This was only 150feet up stream of our drinking place....Never got sick..grossed out some.. as water was flowing all around that squishy pooch..
One thing i learned over the years if your first instinct is to spit it out or it tastes odd then go with that and stop consuming whatever that is...never second guess yourself...

Loved the story ..sad i missed it all

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yep, it was a fun night. Someday we'll sit around a campfire and i'll tell all the good stories.

Whatevers said at the, dies with the fire.

Latest posts

Top Bottom